Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Dark Evo said:
seen it before and I think it's bullsh1t.
No way is it doing 220mph, look at the dashed white lines.
Camcorders have a low frame-rate & therefor a poor perception of speed. They simply cannot record the lines fast enough! (& i know;))

1st - 80mph @ 10000rpm
2nd - 110mph @ 9500rpm
3rd - 130mph @ 9000rpm

(short-shifting so not to flip it)
Then he puts the front wheel down...

4th - 185mph @ 10500rpm
5th - 205mph @ 10500rpm
6th - 220mph @ 10000rpm

Keeps going to 11k but the speedo cant go NE further!

Looking @ the run-down in 6th...1k is worth 20mph. Speed v revs in each gear appear to be correct...

Law permits a +10%/-0% speedo correction. Lets take an average (+5%)...

Thats a healthy 228mph!:cool:

Its the 400 odd BHP that get it there so god damn fast! Now, if he just fitted a wheelie bar...

·
Premium Member
4,874 Posts
Dark Destroyer said:
Camcorders have a low frame-rate & therefor a poor perception of speed. They simply cannot record the lines fast enough! (& i know;))

1st - 80mph @ 10000rpm
2nd - 110mph @ 9500rpm
3rd - 130mph @ 9000rpm

(short-shifting so not to flip it)
Then he puts the front wheel down...

4th - 185mph @ 10500rpm
5th - 205mph @ 10500rpm
6th - 220mph @ 10000rpm

Keeps going to 11k but the speedo cant go NE further!

Looking @ the run-down in 6th...1k is worth 20mph. Speed v revs in each gear appear to be correct...

Law permits a +10%/-0% speedo correction. Lets take an average (+5%)...

Thats a healthy 228mph!:cool:

Its the 400 odd BHP that get it there so god damn fast! Now, if he just fitted a wheelie bar...
haha ok mate. I'm not doubting the bike is capable of silly speeds but the vid looks wrong. Even when he slows to a ton the lines on the road are like 2 seconds apart lol

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hope my maths is up to this.

At 220 mph the distance travelled in 1 second would be 107.5 yards

If you look at the video he passes a side road on the left ( second one) - guessing that the width of the side road is 20 ? yards at the point it joins and he takes almost a second to pass from side to side.

It doesn't add up to 220+ mph :confused: :confused: :confused:

I think its a fix :mad:

·
Registered
756 Posts
mojo said:
Hope my maths is up to this.

At 220 mph the distance travelled in 1 second would be 107.5 yards

If you look at the video he passes a side road on the left ( second one) - guessing that the width of the side road is 20 ? yards at the point it joins and he takes almost a second to pass from side to side.

It doesn't add up to 220+ mph :confused: :confused: :confused:

I think its a fix :mad:
May have mest around with the sprockets, which will make your speedo say your going faster :coolsm:

·
Registered
223 Posts
This video popped up on scoobynet some years back and I argued that it was real.. After all standard Hayabusas are stupid-fast, imagine what a turbo'd one will go like :coolsm: But after looking into it the general consensus was that the bike in the video had had it's gear ratio's shortened, so when it says its doing 220mph it's actually going way slower than that.

http://www.superkaos.com/

1 - 20 of 24 Posts