Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
19th At Oulton Park looks really interesting.

Simon7Extreme, SuperL, Wazzuptommi, Dragon and several other EVOs are going. RC are going to be there, and Power Engineering too. Co-ordsport said they would also be coming.

Looks like a fun day out, so you might wanna check it out. Spaces still available if you book quickly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What time should you be starting the track sessions as iam in work in the afternoon and can't get the time off but would like to come down and see what its like as I have not done a track day yet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will not be on the track ,but as its my 'local' track and i have the day off i will be there to cheer you all around .

i will be in a silver 6 y reg remember to say Hi .

Dafydd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Track time starts at 9am and will run to 4pm (or until the light gives up). It is open pit, so it will run allday. Lunch is probably 30 mins at 12.30, but may be 1 hr (they usually run 30mins as the day is so short due to light).

Come on down - will take u 4 a spin. Have you got a helmet that you can bring with you? If not, what size is your head!!??!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blade if that is an open offer of a track ride , i would love to :), i can sort a helmet out no probs as well ..

i will take my own car on one day but not till i have had it a bit longer

see you all on the 19th
Dafydd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oohh it looks like I'll be coming up to this one with my mate who's GTiR is being modded by RC Developements.

I won't be bringing the Evo cos the brakes are knackered and wouldn't last a proper lap of the track. If I brought my car the temptation would be too hard to resist !!

Should be a good day, see you there !

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bloody hell - loads of attendees! Anyone is welcome to have a ride but bear in mind:

1) You need a helmet.
2) Most of the rides will be with me, and I have never driven Oulton before - so not that quick.
3) Very few rides will be available with Ed Moore as I do pay him 4 the day you know!!

Should be a larf - hope the weather is DRY! Can try my new slickies then :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Everybody

Let's hope the weather is good. Simon EVO looking forward to meeting you on the 19th thanks for the Email.
Blade you had better change your car to a people carrier as I don't think you are going to have much space.

I will take some out in mine as Clive from RC had me doing it last time it is only 350ish not as quick as yours yet Blade :)

See you all Soon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Simon7Extreme, SuperL, Wazzuptommi, Dragon and several other EVOs are going

Great ... the chance to put even more nicknames to faces (although I've already met SuperL at Donington)

Don't worry guys, I can pretend to be an Evo owner if I have to ;)

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blade .
seans you are planning on taking so many people out perhaps we could pay you a small fee to cover (or part cover )the cost of your mechanic ,
Just an idea ?
could even give it to charity ?just to make it worth while you taking people out

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mechanic is free (kindness of PE :D), it is my instructor that costs (£150). Suppose I could charge for sessions with him or drives - mmm, that's an idea!

He is current Formula Ford racer, and as Droid, SuperL and Evoboy will tell you, an amazing driver.

Dragon, I will run standard boost if it pleases you :D

I doubt I will be running full boost if it is slippy. Probably stick to about 350bhp also. But if it is dry... :D :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He is current Formula Ford racer, and as Droid, SuperL and Evoboy will tell you, an amazing driver

He's a bloody good instructor too. Not arrogant (like many other instructors I've experienced) and doesn't grab the wheel all the time.

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You got new tyres as well as pads, Droid?

Expect you will be looking for a few scalps now after a few practice days and your new brakes :D

So far, I count:-
19 Lotus Elises
2 Lotus Exige
6 Evo's (ish)
4 M3's
5 Caterfields
2 Scoobies
1 V. Quick MR2
Assorted others (MOndeo, XR2, Punto (!) etc.)

Nothing really exotic, unfortunately :D Nice when you get to embarras a GT3 or a 355/360. Oh well...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The tyres are on order with Bracknell Tyre and amp; Battery ... they should be coming in soon and they'll be on in time for Weds. My original tyres are now officially toast and the tread is pushed over so far to the left that the steering wheel wobbles at over 80mph.

New pads are now nicely bedded in after Kemble. Interestingly, after a good thrashing their cold performance is much better and they haven't squeaked all week. Someone in the US told me they'd get better but I didn't realise how much (they're just like normal brake pads now apart from zero fade)

Brake fluid is sitting in the garage (ATE Superblue ... boiling point not far off Castrol SRF) waiting for the braided hoses to arrive.

Hopefully my brakes should no longer be a problem ;)

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh ... just noticed .... there's a Porsche GT2 right at the end of the list. Should be fun.

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, I spotted that. Brought a smile to my face. Now let me see, how much is a GT2? 3 and a third standard Evo's, 2 and a half Extreme's or 2 Blade modified 6's (guess). Am am feeling sorry for him already. :D :D :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh joy! Porsche for Lunch!!

See the thread under Trackdays about hotel/dinner. Thought we should focus posts in one place!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts