Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
uses the stock 4G64 crank and some of the guys in the states recon the rods look a little weak to. you are better going with the AMS kit, which uses the 4G64 crank with forged rods and pistons (cant remember who makews the rds but Ross does the custom pistons 8.5:1), was retaling for about $2,000 so cheaper and uses better components. ams recons they have run the kit at upto about 900bhp and 9Krpm.

have a look on www.evolutionm.net for AMS, cant remember the address for them direct.

thanks Chris.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
the toda kit uses mitsu rods and IMHO is shite , and expensive !
AMS kit is good but they have shite customer service if your international :rolleyes: , i would reccomend a modified toda kit (with stronger rods) from Buschur racing or a 2.3 from magnus motorsports (the stroker god in DSMs )
i got their Ross/Pauter 2.3 kit , i am running in the engine and cannot comment on durabilty but the engine has very little piston slap .if you need help let me know .

Sherif

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
www.magnusmotorsports.com

talk to Marco the owner , tell him you know sherif hashash !

i think they sell it for 2200 USD , i paid 3500 USD but sent them my engine , so it includes installation ( balancing , etc..) . the pauter rods are very strong .

this combo is good for 700 hp and can be reved to 8K (i will rev to only 7.5K though )

Sherif

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
get a ralliart crank and some je pistons and also some nice steel rods like crower or arrow

a kit under 2500 grand and it will handle over 700 bhp easily

trust me nothing is better, for value and billet steel is only good for massive power

this is the real deal the ralliart 4g64 crank is awesome

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Never had a problem with Magnus - have used them for numerous bits with mine too :)

They really know thier stuff & have proper experience of what & not works.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i just came up with an idea and wandering if it would work. can I get a 4G64 crank from a Galant and put HKS conecting rods and Pistons. Wouldnt it be the same as geting the TODA kit or wouldnt it be even better.

·
Registered
58 Posts
mate you need to watch the piston hight. stock pin location will put the piston too high in the bore. you will need a stroker set that have the pin higher in the piston. also wach what piston you go for. eg the pin hight of the JUN 2.2 ltr stroker will be lower than say a piston made for the stroke of the 4G64 crank. better off getting a kit as these things have already been thought of (you hope)!

thanks Chris.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts