Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work in a vauxhall dealer and look whats for sale.... astra vxr.....fair play,vauxhalls are usually **** but look at this thing!!!

£19000 (i could probably get one for 17k)

0-60----6 ish
150 mph
240bhp.

not earth shattering but its a top looking car.

guy ordered one today......will get it in september?????? wtf.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I had a Calibra 4x4 Turbo and I loved it.
Now I have an EVO I would spend the money on a second hand one over this
although I bet it is lot better car than people expect.

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what i did,i thought whats the best car for £££££

Evo won,even tho i get good discount on vauxhalls.

At the end of the day,its a vauxhall astra,and poeple are gonna say what else is there for 19k.

there is probably a lot more "exiciting or better built/more prestigious" cars out there.

still looks :coolsm: for vauxhall tho.
Only 2 wheel drive :rolleyes: when will they smell the roses and make a 4 wheel drive one.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
phil lloyd said:
Anyone else think this car looks great?

big wheels and i like the colour.

focus rs beater?
I agree , it looks great - it'd be interesting to see how it'll perform on the road :)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Says him,with a peugeot 106 :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: [/B]
Big shock, I knew that was coming, bring an Ashtray VXR to the next Cadwell and we'll see how it goes ;)

I thought Evo owners were into what it does, not what it pretends to the neighbours :rolleyes:

big wheels and i like the colour.
It's got big wheels, it must be an awesome car then :crackup: :crackup: are you sure you don't drive a Nova?

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ashtray vxr :crackup: :crackup: i like your style.

Just saying that FOR A VAUXHALL its looks great.
(cos vauxhalls are usually boring and [email protected])

oops,yes,had nova as 1st car 13 yrs ago :crackup: :crackup:

so your pug would eat that astra,150mph,6 secs 0-60.??

if so,fair play.

dont want it to turn into "my cars quicker than your car" thread.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Fair enough, I guess that at heart we both have the same view on Vauxhalls :beerchug: I'm trade as well and so it would be too depressing if I spent all day fixing Vauxhalls and Fords just to come home and find one on the drive :sick: :cry:

As for my Pug vs the Ashtray, I'd hope to more than hold my own over a lap or two but so long as you stay honest and stick with the Evo we'll hopefully never find out :goingmad:

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think vauxhall have finally realised they had better start producing some "exciting"cars

ford had the ezzy cossie ,what did vauxhall have :rolleyes:

vxr looks a top motor,but for 19k,its what you could have instead.

worst thing vauxhall done was get rid of 16 valver,in gte etc,and cav turbo motor.

Wont be getting one tho,cant do without 4wd (and 330bhp) :)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I don't know what the car equivalent of a racist is but I'm afraid I'm one of them :blush:

You could dip it in honey and include a free Kirsten Dunst with every one but I still wouldn't have a Vauxhall :flame:

Although if you dipped her in the honey, I could always bury the car....... :D

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Steve PH said:
You could dip it in honey and include a free Kirsten Dunst with every one but I still wouldn't have a Vauxhall :flame:
I'd buy one if you got Kirsten Dunst dipped in honey....
:naughty:

Auto express tested this against the Focus
...Ford came out on top....

·
Registered
586 Posts
XLR8, just what I was going to say!

I`ll put my house on it that the Focus RS would still beat it on the road and track. :D ;)

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Phil - I agree the VXR is a fantastic looking car - saw one at the Autosport show in January and i was amazed at how beautiful it was. I even mentioned it on here at the time.

However, even with 240bhp, as Rodders says, I doubt it will worry a Focus RS, especially on the track.

I had the 200 bhp astra GSi and it was pants compared to this RS.
I'm sure the VXR will be featured on the next series of Top Gear - will be interesting to see it's time.

There will also be the usual "upgrades" so expect to see some modded to 280 bhp soon after !

·
Registered
946 Posts
gsrgeoff said:
Phil - I agree the VXR is a fantastic looking car - saw one at the Autosport show in January and i was amazed at how beautiful it was. I even mentioned it on here at the time.

However, even with 240bhp, as Rodders says, I doubt it will worry a Focus RS, especially on the track.

I had the 200 bhp astra GSi and it was pants compared to this RS.
I'm sure the VXR will be featured on the next series of Top Gear - will be interesting to see it's time.

There will also be the usual "upgrades" so expect to see some modded to 280 bhp soon after !
I disagree, I think it will be much closer if not better than an RS in straight line speed and probably around a track (but not by much). VXRs are generally very focused driver's cars and I see no reason why this one should be any different. Vauxhall have shown that they don't need lessons from anyone when making great cars like the VXR220 and the Monaro VXR. The Astra GSi you had is hardly worthy of comparison to an RS or any other decent hot hatch for that matter. This Astra VXR as I'm sure you know is a completely different car and just because the last "fast" astra was a pile of toss, it doesn't mean this one will be too. Finally, personal opinion, but it also looks better than the Focus RS and will be cheaper than the RS was when first released. I think they've got a winner. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
alex_123_fra said:
Vauxhall have shown that they don't need lessons from anyone when making great cars like the VXR220
I am pleased to admit that I don't know the Vauxhall rangeall that well but isn't the VXR220 just an Elise with and ugly body and a few extra bhp?

If it does have good points it is hardly to Vauxhalls' credit! :wallbang:

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
alex_123_fra said:
I disagree, I think it will be much closer if not better than an RS in straight line speed and probably around a track (but not by much). VXRs are generally very focused driver's cars and I see no reason why this one should be any different. Vauxhall have shown that they don't need lessons from anyone when making great cars like the VXR220 and the Monaro VXR. The Astra GSi you had is hardly worthy of comparison to an RS or any other decent hot hatch for that matter. This Astra VXR as I'm sure you know is a completely different car and just because the last "fast" astra was a pile of toss, it doesn't mean this one will be too. Finally, personal opinion, but it also looks better than the Focus RS and will be cheaper than the RS was when first released. I think they've got a winner. :rolleyes:
Yeah you could be right - but remember a lot of development went in to the GSi - and was supposed to have handling by lotus which was poor and the obtrusive Traction control - I would expect this VXR to also have T/C ?

I would however seriously consider one in a few years after my RS - you know what Vauxhall's are like for NOT holding their value - they will be donwn to about £13k after 18 months.

·
Registered
586 Posts
In a straight line you could be right but then that`s been done before with the Alfa and the Focus `Whooped` that round a track!

The Golf tried even with 4 wheel drive and failed so what makes people think the Astra will do any better. It will have intrusive T/C and be c**p at handling like most of them are.

It might be only a Ford but they are the next best handling car to a Lancer! :D

My opinion of course!!!!!!! :p

1 - 20 of 55 Posts