Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me please!! I haven't collected my brand spanking new 260 yet, but have the replacement spoiler at the bodyshop, however they need the paint code! Anyone got it?? ;) :D

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
From the 260 manual:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey Julz, where did you opt to get the high level spoiler from? I'm thinking about this myself, is it the replica with the shark fin to cover the centre support hole?

Have you had a quote for paint yet?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the spoiler from gripper and it's getting painted my my local friendly paintshop who has my mini at the mo!! ;)

Cheers spanpody, much appreciated!! :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
Cool, was that the one with carbon insert.... nice either way. You doing anything with the brake light from the current spoiler?

When's the motor arriving?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so what's the deal with the brake light then? As I haven't actually been to see the car yet (arrived 2 weeks ago) as I know if I see it, I'll just want it then and there (must sell mini first!) I'm not really sure what the deal is! Also must see about getting this wee fin thing! :rolleyes:

As for the spoiler, it's a beautiful piece of carbon fibre! Took it to the bodyshop yesterday and the guy said it was really good quality, hardly any pit holes, so cheers gripper!! :smthumbup

Got window tints sorted too, so it's all just a matter of time! Someone please give my mini a good home, she's in autotrader this week! :cry:

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Julz - my spoiler woz sprayed and fitted by my local Mitsi Dealer and they advised me that a high level brake light woz a must legally so they've fitted one in my back window... the same as on the MR cars. About £40 i think.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that, I'll see what I can sort out! Wonder why it's a legal requirement, or am I just being thick? :confused: :crackup:

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I'm guessing you'll need one for the MOT when it comes round anyway. They hinted it woz a legal requirment on all new cars.

With your car being yellow anyway u dont wanna give plod anymore reason to pull u over :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I suppose I better get one fitted then!! Luckily I'm not too bad for getting stopped by the police, infact, I never have been! The only bother I've had from them was when I used to park right outside the local station and they asked me to space my number plates properly after someone had complained! I know who it was that complained, the police weren't really too fussed as the car had been parked outside their station with the same plates for over a year! :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Yeah for the sake of £40 u may aswell get one fitted, better to be safe than sorry.

Weird aren't they, think who they pull depends on how bored they are or how close to their tea break :crackup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts