Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd just like to say a big thankyou to Xtreme.

The car was collected from my house on Tuesday at my convenience (Telford) fully serviced, a couple of little jobs done, some other stuff done that I just called and said can you fit this in, changed my mind a couple of times and then had the original job done in the 1st place :blush: :blush:
Had a rollocking or too from Marcus :D :D :D

All jobs done, car delivered back to my house, fully valeted, inside , underneath, on top, you name it they cleaned it. :D :D :D

Thanks to Marcus, Simon and all the lads at Xtreme.

Cheers

Ian...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,045 Posts
Sounds like a top job, nice one Extreme :smthumbup


A bit of customer service that's what I like to see, it seems to be lost at most places you go to these days :mad:

Bex :angel:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
'Sounds like a top job, nice one Extreme


A bit of customer service that's what I like to see, it seems to be lost at most places you go to these days '

ROFL Extreme is the last place to go for any form of satisfaction. Read some previous threads :angel: :moon: :crackup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,045 Posts
Evo6Sam said:
'Sounds like a top job, nice one Extreme

A bit of customer service that's what I like to see, it seems to be lost at most places you go to these days '

ROFL Extreme is the last place to go for any form of satisfaction. Read some previous threads :angel: :moon: :crackup:
I have read the threads, but it doesn't really matter what previous people have said, cos it sounds like Ian got a good service. The man says so himself, so you can't argue with that :D

Maybe the Leopard has changed his spots :D

Bex :angel:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Evo6Sam said:

ROFL Extreme is the last place to go for any form of satisfaction. Read some previous threads :angel: :moon: :crackup:
Sorry Sam I can only speak as I find mate, if I went into the details, you'd be even more impressed,
As far as I'm concerned top people, top job :D :D :D :D

I had an argument yesterday (dunno whats a matter with me lately ;) ) with a bloke from Wimpy homes, but that don't make the whole company a shambles, it was just that this oik didn't know his earole from his ar**ole, they were still lovely houses tho....

Cheers

Ian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,641 Posts
Lots of people are quick to jump down Extremes neck... I for one think they are superb Darren is a top guy and you will find it hard to find mechanics that have as much knowledge as those guys do about the Evo's

A couple points:

Who started officially importing Evo’s into this country?
Who brought us Ralliart?
Who built the rally cars that got Mitsubishi the rally title 5 years on the trot?

Who built the RS Sprints, Extreme and XT packages? The problem on here is lots of people just want to b!tch but never give any praise, I am sure if you had problems with extreme if you spoke to them instead of sounding off on here they would try to fix any issues....... :rolleyes:

Just my two pence :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,427 Posts
CTRnutter said:
I am sure if you had problems with extreme if you spoke to them instead of sounding off on here they would try to fix any issues....... :rolleyes:
Would love to but they NEVER return your calls EVER !!! :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,349 Posts
CTRnutter said:
Lots of people are quick to jump down Extremes neck... I for one think they are superb Darren is a top guy and you will find it hard to find mechanics that have as much knowledge as those guys do about the Evo's

A couple points:

Who started officially importing Evo's into this country?
Who brought us Ralliart?
Who built the rally cars that got Mitsubishi the rally title 5 years on the trot?

Who built the RS Sprints, Extreme and XT packages? The problem on here is lots of people just want to b!tch but never give any praise, I am sure if you had problems with extreme if you spoke to them instead of sounding off on here they would try to fix any issues....... :rolleyes:
Just my two pence :D
yes....generally good
although some negatives re: R-jay's post....but that's nothing major

But note:
Who started officially importing Evo's into this country? ....yes, under licence
Who brought us Ralliart? ...yes - but as a franchised business, which was subsequently lost and hence name change to Xtreme
Who built the rally cars that got Mitsubishi the rally title 5 years on the trot? .....Ralliart (proper) Europe under direction of Andrew Cowan, in conjunction with Mitsubishi Japan

& don't forget the e6 RSX etc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,641 Posts
xlr8 said:
yes....generally good
although some negatives re: R-jay's post....but that's nothing major

But note:
Who started officially importing Evo's into this country? ....yes, under licence
Who brought us Ralliart? ...yes - but as a franchised business, which was subsequently lost and hence name change to Xtreme
Who built the rally cars that got Mitsubishi the rally title 5 years on the trot? .....Ralliart (proper) Europe under direction of Andrew Cowan, in conjunction with Mitsubishi Japan

& don't forget the e6 RSX etc
I was under the impression that Mitsubishi bought the name ralliart from extreme....?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,349 Posts
CTRnutter said:
I was under the impression that Mitsubishi bought the name ralliart from extreme....?
no...other way round
'Xtreme' was a franchised / authorised Mitsubishi-RalliArt dealer

the 'RalliArt' name, is wholly owned/trademarked by Mitsubishi Motors, Japan...& used in rallying from the 1960's

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Though there seem to be number of experts on our business
I best set the record straight.

We held the Ralliart Licence for the UK not CCC who are a private company hold the Mitsubushi franchise for the UK.

We were never a Mitsubishi UK Ralliart dealer. We came up with the Idea to set up Ralliart UK in 1998 and distributed the Ralliart range of Evo 6, VR4 and FTO through the UK ( CCC ) dealer network after coming to a financial agreement with them to
do so.

We had been selling Evos in the UK since 1995 as personal Imports through our company Global Performance and were
the first to bring the Evo models to the UK.

In 2002 we came to an agreement with CCC following a comercial
dispute and sold them the rights to use the Ralliart name in the UK to for £1.26 Million or there abouts if memory serves.

The Extreme, RS Sprint, RSX, RS450 etc were all models developed by us, my Ideas and Toney Coxes technical
expertise.

For those that dont know Toney is our Technical Director
and was workshop manager with resposibility for the
Rally Car build and testing for the Ralliart world Rally team.

Toney held this position for 9 years during the teams most succssfull period. Those in the team at that time tell me he was
a very major factor in the success the team enjoyed and he has
also been a big Influence in the running and builing of our
business ( The old bugger never stops )

We try to keep all our customers happy but occasional fail
with some for various reasons, other detractors very
often have there own agendas such as competing businesses
of their own or indeed their friends and yes we have also
some times **** up on things too !

Hope this helps to clear the picture for those who didnt
know much about us and Indeed for those who think
they do.

Jon K
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,325 Posts
Jon I think the biggest beef on here with Xtreme is calls not being returned. This is something that is incredibly simple to rectify. It is also the one thing that really p1sses people off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,641 Posts
Thanks Jon, well as I said earlier my brother and I received a fantastic service from Darren, sorry if there were inaccuracies in my statement I was quite close though :D ;)

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,349 Posts
thanks for that Jon !
good info.....& I for one don't (ever)claim to be an expert

I'd always assumed (from press articles / other sources etc) that you guys were a Mitsi-Ralliart dealer and you were franchised....but obviously not
Will make a note to disregard some of the previous info gained

Just a quick Q...isn't CCC, now wholly owned ?

cheers
:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
514 Posts
ian nice having car done and cleaned whilst you truck around to the far reaches of pocklington
peter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Leonard,

I know that we dont always get back to people as quick as we should or answer the phones as promptly as they should be
attended to.

Problem we have is that we get a huge number of calls
many of which are just for technical advice from
people / Evo buyers and dealers which of course dont bring us business but soak up our valuble time. ( or bring in business )

If you saw the number of calls we handle the number we lose
or indeed dont answer promptly are a very small proportion.

The area we have tried to Improve most though is not getting back to people when they have left messages which is
inexcusable and a number of our guys have had a real
bollocking when I've heard of this happening.

We will however continue to strive to Improve our performance in this respect I can assure you.

Jon K
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,325 Posts
JON K said:
Leonard,

I know that we dont always get back to people as quick as we should or answer the phones as promptly as they should be
attended to.

Problem we have is that we get a huge number of calls
many of which are just for technical advice from
people / Evo buyers and dealers which of course dont bring us business but soak up our valuble time. ( or bring in business )

If you saw the number of calls we handle the number we lose
or indeed dont answer promptly are a very small proportion.

The area we have tried to Improve most though is not getting back to people when they have left messages which is
inexcusable and a number of our guys have had a real
bollocking when I've heard of this happening.

We will however continue to strive to Improve our performance in this respect I can assure you.

Jon K
The Tech advise I can agree with, but you are still talking to perspective customers. Perhaps you can expand /update your trouble shooting tech section on your website and direct them there. Also I know a lot of sales people (not me included) that wont return calls to people when they know for whatever reason they are not going to get a sale. Again this is just a missed opportunity to either sell them something similar or to build bridges and have them buy something else in the future.

Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,349 Posts
Jon
do you still have on-going involvement with the European rally team(s);
if not, when did the involvement stop - was it at the time of the sale of the name ?

thanks
:)

btw
I remember speaking to Andrew Cowan back in 1999 with a view to doing a factory visit, but it never materialised due to his heavy schedule at that particular time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
XiR 8

No CCC is owned by the Mitsubishi Corp and an
offshore company. The major private Investor lives
in S Ireland.

Jon K
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
xIr 8

We still have some Rally Involvment, my partner Peter
ran the Mitsubishi USA rally team in 2003 and we won it
with David Higgins driving for us.

We also still have contact and technical relations with
a number of European and Asian Rally teams.

Toney still also has very regular contact with the
WRC team

Jon K
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top