Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this car the other day when mine was in at Xtreme:

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=245401

As it had provoked so much discussion being priced at £13,995 I thought I would post some pix. It looked good & Xtreme have spent a little money on it too:

• Bonnet respray - stone chips
  • Sump gasket (+fitted APR bolts whilst sump off car)
  • Fixed leaky exhaust gasket
I don't think you could describe the car as absolutely mint, there are still a few chips on the bumper and I am VERY fussy, but it really is in good shape. Take a look at these pix-

Frankly I can't believe it's still there!

N.B. I haven't driven the car so can't comment on the drive.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Had a look at this the otherday, looks very good for price, thats Evo 8 money for a 9 GT, didnt find anything wrong with the car when I saw it!!!!!:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I don't think you could describe the car as absolutely mint, there are still a few chips on the bumper and I am VERY fussy, but it really is in good shape.
Im also very fussy, did you notice anything else about the car other than the stone chips? Had enquired about it earlier in the week when the bonnet was away getting sprayed.

Bit far for me to come and see it so all the more info I can get on it the better from any other eagle eyes!

Does anyone know the history of it? whats it been doing for the last 30k miles.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im also very fussy, did you notice anything else about the car other than the stone chips? Had enquired about it earlier in the week when the bonnet was away getting sprayed.

Bit far for me to come and see it so all the more info I can get on it the better from any other eagle eyes!

Does anyone know the history of it? whats it been doing for the last 30k miles.
I have no idea of the history and I haven't driven it so no comment on either of those counts.

I only looked at it briefly but I thought it's strength was it's originality. I can normally spot if an Evo has been repaired but it all looked original to me. They have a blue IX (not the GT, another one) and I looked that one over at the same time. I have to be careful as I could easily mix them up in my mind, but I do clearly remember thinking that there wasn't anything obviously wrong with it (I was expecting to see an obvious fault). Sorry that's not very much help, I may be down there again very soon so I'll take a closer look.......:smthumbup

·
Registered
239 Posts
It makes just about every other GT for sale look well over priced... come to that, every 8/9 too!!

Why would anyone buy most of the 8MRs for sale instead of that? No warranty left on most of the 8MRs either so that's not reason!

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Just for info;

I'm sure this car and the rest of the cars that Xtreme have are 100% above board but, I recently enquired about a VII they had for sale. I did some research into the car using the index mark and it transpired that the car was stolen and recovered. There was no mention of this in the ad or, when I called them to enquire about the car.
Strangely enough (or not...) the chap at Xtreme called me back as he promised he would and stated that the car was sold.

Make of that what you will...

Paul

·
Registered
996 Posts
yeah easy. but not as much as all the evo x people who have lost 5k or more. I have seen evo xs now for 20-21k, so what you lose on yours you gain on getting another.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah easy. but not as much as all the evo x people who have lost 5k or more. I have seen evo xs now for 20-21k, so what you lose on yours you gain on getting another.
True

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
But if you were to jump to another model of car, it might make a big difference

The lesson here is, dont get rid of your Evo for something like an economical oil burner :lol:
HELL NO! :lol:

·
Registered
792 Posts
I recognise that car from Ware Garages.

It isnt "mint" and has seen a few trackdays, but its quick and fully maintained - honest car at an honest price.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
THought only the 7 and 8 260 have the surround on the gear stick?? I thought all other 8's and the 9 didn't have the surround??

·
Banned
6,473 Posts
well the've had it for about 3 weeks now and i'm still waiting for my phone call back from the sales man telling me its out of the workshop and ready to view:confused::confused:..... but tell me this, you take a car in as part ex or buy it..... and you have say 1000-1500 profit in it ......... why would you put it through the workshop to have uprated arp bolts fitted to it :confused::confused: at a cost of the labour and parts ie bolts,oil,sump gasket or sealant and on top of that the labour..... to me i'm thinking its been well used and it had a knocking bottom end so the simple excuse of "were putting arp bolts in to make it stronger" sorry dosnt sound right to me(but apologies if i'm jumping the gun and no offence to anyone) as there strong enough unless they were also going to map it with mods to 400bhp+ :smthumbup:smthumbup

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
well the've had it for about 3 weeks now and i'm still waiting for my phone call back from the sales man telling me its out of the workshop and ready to view:confused::confused:..... but tell me this, you take a car in as part ex or buy it..... and you have say 1000-1500 profit in it ......... why would you put it through the workshop to have uprated arp bolts fitted to it :confused::confused: at a cost of the labour and parts ie bolts,oil,sump gasket or sealant and on top of that the labour..... to me i'm thinking its been well used and it had a knocking bottom end so the simple excuse of "were putting arp bolts in to make it stronger" sorry dosnt sound right as there strong enough unless they were also going to map it with mods to 400bhp+ :smthumbup:smthumbup
Daz IIRC Xtreme have always put ARP bolts on all their limited editions such as the XT330 they have created, so probably have an abundance of them.

They've done it to a few cars recently to make them more desirable. They had a IX GSR in, and then uprated it to 390BHP before they sold it.

It appears they've uprated the IX GT they are selling

This is the ad description now...

The Team At Xtreme Are Proud To Offer For Sale This Stunning Evolution IX GT.

Finished In Silver Metallic it features the Black Alcantara Recaro Sports Seats.

For the un-initiated the GT Model is the true enthusiasts choice it is Is 30Kgs lighter than a standard FQ, has a Limited Slip Rear Diff and a Factory Uprated Turbo.

Specification on this Super Car includes, Remote Central Door Locking, Alarm And Immobiliser, Climate Control, 5 Speed Close Ratio Gearbox, Privacy Rear Glass, Electric Windows And Electric Mirrors.

The GT is all about handling however this monster also has 390bhp AT THE FLYWHEEL and 400 Torques thanks to an ECUTEC re-map, Owen Developments Turbo, HKS Super Drager Exhaust, APS Induction Kit, ARP Con-Rod Bolts and an uprated Fuel Pump too.

Brakes have not been overlooked and Two Piece front discs are fitted and Stainless Steel Hoses plus Performace Brake Pads too.
A Paddle Clutch is also Installed to deal with the high power

THIS IS ALSO THE ONLY MITSUBISHI UK SUPPLIED GT WE HAVE EVER SEEN!

Fabulous Value, this car wont be here for long so be quick! Call 0844 8007255 NOW!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts