Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after a trackday at oulton there is nothing left on my front pads im going to replace them with either xp8 or ds2500 the brakes worked perfect all day no fade etc and yes they where used properly the calipers changed to a not so nice dark red i dont care about squeeking etc as i only use the car for weekends /trackdays or a blast out so the odd noise doesnt bother me i just want the best pad for the job i am heavy on the brakes a late braking demon anyone got any experience with either of these pads ?:smthumbup

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
I had DS2500's on my AP's and replaced them with XP8's

I seem to get more progressive braking with the XP8's, as in they are less on/off than my DS2500's which I used to have to give a lot of travel to get them to stop as hard as my XP8's with moderate pedal travel

If I brake hard with the XP8's the ABS kicks in a lot more easily than the DS2500's

hmmm hard to explain

perhaps NathanP has some extra feedback since he drove my car on track with both DS2500's and XP8's

just my 2c's

:)

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
I'd go for XP10s mate they are like the XP8s... but better! Maybe a little more noise and dust and probably slightly shorten the life of the disc a little, but **** me they stop ya ;) I had no signs of fade at all when doing upto 25-30 laps at Brands, infact the fluid gave out first :(

You won't go wrong with Carbotechs mate, better in everyway :D

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I'd go for XP10s mate they are like the XP8s... but better! Maybe a little more noise and dust and probably slightly shorten the life of the disc a little, but **** me they stop ya ;) I had no signs of fade at all when doing upto 25-30 laps at Brands, infact the fluid gave out first :(

You won't go wrong with Carbotechs mate, better in everyway :D
What he said. :smthumbup

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pads

cheers men think i might give the xp10s a go what i did notice after 20 mins of hard use is the tyre on the nsf went off be interesting to c what pads come out when i strip it will let you know as these performed really well i have a feeling they are ds2500 or mintex m1155 as it had new pads before i got it at car planet thats what they use :smthumbup

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pads

well today i took the pads out no chance of seeing what they are they have been that hot the paint off the steel backing has bubbled and flaked off :eek:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pads

it had the brembo pads in it fitted a set of ds 2500 see how they go next track day

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,518 Posts
Ive used xp8 with my AP discs at oulton about 6 times now.....fantastic!!!

Oulton is a hard circuit on brakes,but the xp8 cope great.:coolsm:

Oh and your right about the n/s/f tyre at oulton...clockwise circuit,so it wears n/s/f more than any other. (just keep swopping your tyres around during the day;))

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oulton

yeah that tyre on the nsf really went off in the afternoon what tyre where you running

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
I had some brand new Alcon rotors and DS2500s fitted and they were dead in about 6 laps. The brakes judder terribly. They had 400 miles of on off driving so were well bedded in. The only explanation i have been given was that the DS2500s probably weren't the right pad and have warped the disc/s

·
Premium Member
16,918 Posts
I had some brand new Alcon rotors and DS2500s fitted and they were dead in about 6 laps. The brakes judder terribly. They had 400 miles of on off driving so were well bedded in. The only explanation i have been given was that the DS2500s probably weren't the right pad and have warped the disc/s
The ds2500 will of left pad deposits on the discs, common when pushed hard :(...rotors wont be warped try doing a couple of really hard brakes then driving without braking to allow to cool.

Ian

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Or the fact that KwikFit probably balanced your wheels! Remember I had this problem too.....

·
Premium Member
16,918 Posts
99.9% its pad deposits, this is very common when pushing the ds2500 hard, see here for phil lloyds comments as he and others have had the exact same problem. The ds2500 pad is a fastroad pad at best, it can work on track if you are not heavy on the brakes but more than often this problem happens once used on track.

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
320 Posts
I also had judder problems with my alcons, switched to XP8s and after a few trackdays the problem went away. Highly recommend them.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I went from DS2500 to XP8's on PF disc's Took a long time to bed in, lots of squeel to start with but still better than the DS2500, then after a hard trackday lost the squeelnever to return. Seem to uphold the theory that DS2500 leave lots of deposits, no judder with either pad tho.

Martin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts