Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone on here expecting one of these babies when they get released??

if so, how much, how soon :confused:

they look awsome - I wonder if you can buy and fit the body kit to standard Xs ;)

·
Registered
372 Posts
anyone on here expecting one of these babies when they get released??

if so, how much, how soon :confused:

they look awsome - I wonder if you can buy and fit the body kit to standard Xs ;)
I think the how soon is not very soon. I believe the exchange rates have put a temparary hold on the FQ400.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd heard c£47k too, but just wanted to know if anyone is expecting one to appear on their drive anytime soon - it appears no though....

·
Premium Member
12,346 Posts
I wonder if you can buy and fit the body kit to standard Xs ;)
The entire kit can be purchased from test&service Japan... the x400 is going to be some machine.. warranty in place and great spec:coolsm:

Regards,
GUM

P.S I wouldnt buy one as i prefer to do it my way... but for those who are in the league for it... it gets a big:thumbup: from me.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts

·
Registered
31,032 Posts
Other than 40 BHP and a different bodykit, what else justifies buying a 400 over a 360?

Seems a lot more money for not a lot more.

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Other than 40 BHP and a different bodykit, what else justifies buying a 400 over a 360?

Seems a lot more money for not a lot more.
Rumour has it brakes, exhaust, turbo and possibly a few other bits.

It's the age old argument though, no-one can justify the price of the FQ cars on parts alone, yet people still buy them for their own reasons. :shrug:

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
And yet ive got a official order ( the first as its was taken months ago before any info was realeased... )

Already is one at CCC being driven by one of the top directors, looks great :smthumbup
Is the one being driven around by the director not the test car that was used to finalise the set up though?

If so, it's not really the first of a batch coming in, more the R&D car?

Still, it could end up being a very rare car indeed.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yes it is...

I believe they are now looking at reworking 360's to build the cars, ive been following whats happening as Ive got a guy chomping at the bit for the car!

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
anyone that pays £47000 for an evo must be mad imo...

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Yes it is...

I believe they are now looking at reworking 360's to build the cars, ive been following whats happening as Ive got a guy chomping at the bit for the car!
That would make sense, but what's so special about the FQ360? Could they not use any manual GSR - so that would leave them with the FQ300 and FQ330 as well?

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
anyone that pays £47000 for an evo must be mad imo...
It depends what you sell it on for though, doesn't it?

There's no difference between buying an FQ400 for £47K and selling it on for £40K a year later than there is buying an FQ360 for £36K and selling it for £29K a year later. Apart from the fact that you've been driving a better car for a year. :shrug:

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Yes it is...

That would make sense, but what's so special about the FQ360? Could they not use any manual GSR - so that would leave them with the FQ300 and FQ330 as well?
They have stock, no other reason im aware of! Otherwise yeah it would make no idfference which model was used.
So, reading between the lines, is the FQ360 not selling too well either?

On a slightly different topic, is there a motorshow "season" or do they tend to be spread out throughout the year?

I'm just thinking that the X has been out for a while and Mitsi has a habit of regularly bringing out new models. I wonder if the credit crunch will put a stop to that and help shore up the prices of the X a bit?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts