Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this month's Car magazine there is info on the Dodge Caliber. It's gonna be built on the same platform as the X and use the same engines.

They say the engine will come in 1.8, 2.0 and 2.4 guises. VVT and an aluminium block. Presumably the 2.0 will be there for rallying but the 2.4 sounds most interesting for tuning....

Oh yeah, and the same block will also be available in a Hyundai!!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Something tells me the X will come with a 2l. Will be interesting to see if the 2.4 is a stroked version of the 2l or whether it has a bigger bore as well to keep 'revvability'.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
the 2.4 has been available for some time....in the Mitsubishi Eclipse, Galant etc

.....would hazard a guess that Mitsi are reworking the existing engine for better power/torque/emissions etc

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Anyone know the bore/stroke of the current 2.4 used in the Eclipse/Galant?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve C said:
Something tells me the X will come with a 2l. Will be interesting to see if the 2.4 is a stroked version of the 2l or whether it has a bigger bore as well to keep 'revvability'.
That's what I thought aswell. It would be great if the 2.4 had a bigger bore. Imagine the possibilities with 2.6/2.7 litres :coolsm:

Not sure but isn't the 4G64 about 85xabout 100? I can't be arsed to check if this is right - sorry :yawn:

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Fish Monkey said:
Not sure but isn't the 4G64 about 85xabout 100? I can't be arsed to check if this is right - sorry :yawn:
Fair enough - neither can I :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts