Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
Ruri Blue Evolution IX FQ340
646 Posts
It’s all well and good that prices have gone up if you already own an Evo but seeing some of the prices people are putting on distinctly average Evo’s........is it greed or lunacy.......or both.

·
Registered
722 Posts
prices have gone silly (if you're looking to buy). However, are the cars actually selling at this price?

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
prices have gone silly (if you're looking to buy). However, are the cars actually selling at this price?
A lot of cars that look average to crap and are priced stupidly don’t seem to sell.
A lot of them now and then pop up at different sellers for a few grand more than last time.

However, a good, solid honest Evo standard or built will and should command strong money but not just any crap someone wants to offload for big bucks.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
What is it with people using screenshots of photos on adverts just upload the original photo, FFS.
Agreed, if you wanna sell your car for top money (too much) then put some bloody effort in to the ad.

·
Premium Member
10,667 Posts
Don’t get me started ! I own one and have made a pretty penny on values. But I’m not in it for that. Feel sorry for the people who now are struggling to get one. The worst part is people selling second hand parts (breakers) absolutely taking the Pi55. Proper jokers .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He’s sent me a text the owner of it I’ll put down below 👇🏽

I can get you more pictures , anything in particular you want pics of .
The original owner had the car for 10 years then he sold it to boy boy well known in MLR forum , he only kept it for a few months he just bought it to sell it on . Then IV had it 5 or 6 years IV never had 1 issue with it . I just keep it in the garage all the time it's only out a few times a year . Not really sure what else I can tell you but if you have questions just ask .IV already had a offer of 35k for it , just not 100% if I'm selling yet just might have to to afford a new house

Now he’s Saying he’s getting 35k offers I’ve told him good luck with that absolutely mental what he’s valued it at wouldn’t mind if it was concourse condition and had like 10/20k millege

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Been offered 35k !!!!
I want some of what he’s been taking !

·
Registered
350 Posts
The Evo’s in the auction were a complete one off, owned only by Mitsubishi in completely standard form, sold at top money and rightly so.

But now, we have greedy owners trying to cash in on lesser models such as the FQ-340, with 55k miles and modifications.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Mitsubishi Heritage recently sold a TME for over £100k, Evo 9 MR sold for £70k. Prices have gone mental. Agreed with most Evos being overpriced but people will pay over the odds, so sellers will be cheeky and hope they sell at a decent price.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Exactly after the heritage ones went for auction people will start jumping on the bang wagon with the MR’s now and ask for ridiculous prices

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And wonder what stage 2 has under the bonnet lol reminds me how people say about golf R’s and S3’s even the RS models

·
Premium Member
3,312 Posts
If he's already been offered 35, and he's got it up for 30, he must be confident he will get more, or possibly trying to coax more money out of you!
Im not selling but if i was and someone offered me 35 for my 6RS i would snap their arm off!
With the condition his one is in and it not really being that sought after if he really has been offered 35, he should be on that straight away, before the buyer realises what he could get for that money.
Scrape a few more grand together and he could buy Winny’s X RS!
But, hey, what do i know, maybe the boy and car are genuine enough.
Good luck to him.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Why so many pissy people in this thread. Makes me think most are actually wana be owners and are mad about climbing prices. Face reality or go find a honda civic. Evo prices will continue to sky rocket. It is a comparable car to the gtr, supra, fd3s from that era and there are less every day. Existing owners know this and will not give it away for your 20k anymore. Whether they sell right now or not is irrelevant. Eventually it will be a complete sellers market since there wont be enough evos. Its innevitable. People who are in between about evos will be filtered out and the only buyers left will be those who really want one no matter the cost and will have to turn to these "outrageously" priced ones.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Why so many pissy people in this thread. Makes me think most are actually wana be owners and are mad about climbing prices. Face reality or go find a honda civic. Evo prices will continue to sky rocket. It is a comparable car to the gtr, supra, fd3s from that era and there are less every day. Existing owners know this and will not give it away for your 20k anymore. Whether they sell right now or not is irrelevant. Eventually it will be a complete sellers market since there wont be enough evos. Its innevitable. People who are in between about evos will be filtered out and the only buyers left will be those who really want one no matter the cost and will have to turn to these "outrageously" priced ones.
Reality ????
Are you on commission if it sells ?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts