Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

if you have an Evo7 GSR, please can you PM me your number plate?

I am using them in a letter to the DVLA to compare the tax rates against these cars. As there are inconsistancies with some being registered @ £400 PA instead of PLG.

All I will use them for is going to the online tax calculator to see the emissions results and tax group.

Thanks for any help.

Rich

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Not wanting to dampen your bonfire but, this is a little risky for all those in the PLG tax banding.
You're trying to get your car shifted to the PLG band, yes? Do you not think it would be more likely for all those with a similar car to yours, in the PLG tax band, to be shifted to the G tax band? That's what I'd do if it were my business.

Techincally, they should all be registered and taxed at the G band level...

What I can tell you is that all those registered in the PLG band will not have an associated emissions figure. Only those in band G will.

Paul

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, I suppose that is a possability.

Only trying it as other E7 owners have done this and got a good result.

Plan B is check autotrader/PH/general images for pics of peoples cars and plates but thats a but unscrupulous :)

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Not wanting to dampen your bonfire but, this is a little risky for all those in the PLG tax banding.
You're trying to get your car shifted to the PLG band, yes? Do you not think it would be more likely for all those with a similar car to yours, in the PLG tax band, to be shifted to the G tax band? That's what I'd do if it were my business.

Techincally, they should all be registered and taxed at the G band level...

What I can tell you is that all those registered in the PLG band will not have an associated emissions figure. Only those in band G will.

Paul
very good point now drop it :mad: lol

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The other concern is mines in group K now which is the highest. If they raise the taxes again (which they no doubt will) I'll be cained even harder for my lowly little 2.0 for the same price people with 10 liter hummers or whatever pay lol :(

not fair :(

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
its down to when 1st registered if it gets the plg, then after certain date they are banded, my mate in his 4.2 litre v8 beamer only pays £210 a year, its just down to when it was registered and not emissions until after a certain date then you get banded

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Band G is the highest. And that's for vehicles that emit 225g/KM of CO2 and over.

Paul
The other concern is mines in group K now which is the highest. If they raise the taxes again (which they no doubt will) I'll be cained even harder for my lowly little 2.0 for the same price people with 10 liter hummers or whatever pay lol :(

not fair :(

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
when did you buy your evo ?? maybe if it concerns you so much mate you should of purchased one which was plg..i do feel for ya having to pay silly money,but its luck of the draw sometimes.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah I just didnt think about it at the time tbh, I just assumed it would be PLG, same as my last import.

Never mind if theres nothing I can do theres nothing I can do

Will chuck the letter off anyway, cant hurt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts