Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got this EVC boost controller gathering dust in my garage ever since I part x'd my scooby a year ago.The warranty that came with the car is'nt worth a w##k anyway (as I found out last month when my air con compressor disintergrated ruining the whole system, this is a thread in its own right!) So without fear of invalidating my warranty lets start tuning. ABP Motorsport fitted a HKS Hiper muffler and Magnex de cat plus a HKS super power flow two weeks ago and offered to fit the EVC4 for £190 adding the correct harness to fit the evo.
Is this the route to go down or should I go see RC in Warrington, what sort of power could I expect to see, ( oh and what do you make of the air con prob its allready cost me a grand for the fitment of the compressor , now my local dealer says i've got to replace all the rest of the system at a cost off £1900).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
John - I own a Refrigeration company which both installs and amp; services moblie A/C systems and rest assured the money that you paid for the compressor is OTT and amp; the quote to replace the rest of the system is a joke right ??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave these are the costs of my local Ralliart approved main dealer. If you can fix it cheaper the job is yours

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blade had an A/C system up for sale off his RSX. I assume the mechanicals will be the same as the GSR C/C. Let me find the thread....tum te tum.....

Here it is and it looks like it is still up for sale for £200.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John - I`ll sort it out for you at a sensible price , give me the car for a few hours to assess it and I`ll give you a fixed cost to repair it :)

It is very rare ever to have to replace a system , this sort of talk normally means that they haven`t got a glue what the fault is but if they charge enough and amp; replace it all they carn`t get it wrong b*ll*cks :(

Let me know what you want to do ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive replied to the other thread before reading this Dave call or text my no and I'll phone you right back.
07801 444628 (perhaps you could fit blades bits?)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts