Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the recent chit chat on the MLR regarding the accuracy of WRC's RR figures after mods being done by them, I decided to book my car into G-force for a comparison.

I had also become a little worried after the work by WRC as the knock link was lighting all the way up on occasion :eek: .

Here are the results:

Car Evo VIII FQ300

WRC Figures
BHP at the wheels = 295bhp
BHP at the Fywheel = 389bhp
lbs/ft = 376

G-Force Figures
BHP at the wheels = 266 :mad:
BHP at the flywheel = 345 :mad:
lbs/ft = 325 :mad:

As you can imagine, I was stunned by the figures produced by the G-Force rollers :confused: and to top it off, after the run, G-Force advised me to turn my boost down as the car was running on the ragged edge.

To say I am dissapointed is an understatement... No wonder my knocklink was firing off :mad:

Graphs to follow....

·
Registered
878 Posts
Whiteshark,

So - what did WRC say about it ? Obviously you have given them fair chance to respond and not just put this up ?

James.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
G-Force are a big competitor of WRC, did you tell them your concerns before the RR took place? I am not in any way saying that they fudged the figures downwards but obviously it would be in their best interest if they did. So if you did tell them in advance there is a small chance of bias in your end results.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GlobalGB said:
G-Force are a big competitor of WRC, did you tell them your concerns before the RR took place? I am not in any way saying that they fudged the figures downwards but obviously it would be in their best interest if they did. So if you did tell them in advance there is a small chance of bias in your end results.
So this means that all RR are inacurate as one tuner is always up against the other :confused: ;)

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'll ask again then..... What did WRC say when you took it back to them and gave them fair opportunity to correct any problem or prove the RR figures ?

James.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Well its a business and there are only so many customers in the world ;)

Anyway, G-FORCE probably didnt do that anyway but would have been interesting to see the results if they were not aware of the situation.

Mark

·
Registered
878 Posts
scoop said:
What he said .... :)
Exactly.....

What is it with some people ? If I bought a TV from John Lewis and it went faulty after 2 weeks, instead of kicking the cat/phoning Watchdog/whinging to the neighbours, I'd take it back to the shop and give them fair opportunity to sort the issue (and THEN, if I was still unhappy, I'd let everyone know about it!).

It's unfair on any trader , be it WRC, EVO400 or whoever for people to complain about work they had undertaken on here instead of following the correct channel of common decency and giving them right to reply first.

James.

1 - 20 of 220 Posts