Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what this involves, does it give you any better performance? etc etc

My car has the decat

Tried emailing them twice but no response :confused: could be busy.

·
Premium Member
22,006 Posts
Martin1 said:
you saying that i would be better going for motec then Mark?
depends on how far you might mod you car, If you are planning on big power one day, then a full mappable ecu ( power fc, gems, autronics, and motec ) may be the way to go, if you just want to optimise the car as it is now, and feel that will be enough for you, then the Ecutek seems like a good idea.

I must add, I have no experience of the Ecutek, and only know what i have read and understood on here

Stu

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers stu

Dont want to go big power, just want to tweak the car ;)

·
Registered
690 Posts
stu8 said:
depends on how far you might mod you car, If you are planning on big power one day, then a full mappable ecu ( power fc, gems, autronics, and motec ) may be the way to go, if you just want to optimise the car as it is now, and feel that will be enough for you, then the Ecutek seems like a good idea.

I must add, I have no experience of the Ecutek, and only know what i have read and understood on here

Stu
Not 100% sure on this but I think the Ecutek option is almost as good as the fully mappable ones you mention. It can be mapped for bigger turbos cams etc, only things that they fall short on as far as I am aware are anti lag and launch control.

Will find ouy soon as I am getting mine done!

·
Premium Member
22,006 Posts
yesitismine said:
Not 100% sure on this but I think the Ecutek option is almost as good as the fully mappable ones you mention. It can be mapped for bigger turbos cams etc, only things that they fall short on as far as I am aware are anti lag and launch control.

Will find ouy soon as I am getting mine done!
Will be very interesting to hear you opinion of this, if I didn't already have the Gems, I would have been tempted to go this way, as I am not taking my car much further. I was under the impression that there was some limits to how far you can you can map the standard ECU

Hopefully some of the boys that know will contribute to this thread later

Stu

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what i can gather i think it goes on the rollers and they tweak the car to get the best out of it :shrug: :confused:

Im sure someone will be along later and tell me for sure

·
Registered
690 Posts
Martin1 said:
From what i can gather i think it goes on the rollers and they tweak the car to get the best out of it :shrug: :confused:

Im sure someone will be along later and tell me for sure
No thats not the case at all, my car is to be mapped out on the road and will not be going anywhere near a rolling road.

IMHO the Ecutek is very nearly as good as the fully mappable ecu's the only down side is you have to keep the MAF sensor apart from that they are spot on. It all depends what mods you have on your car, I don't think tweeking is what the Ecutek is about it is a fully mappable ecu.

Well this is what I can remember after talking with the guy who is going to be mapping my car :D

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Just got back from work Martin, sorry it was just tongue in cheek - a cut down version of a fully mappable ECU though in all honesty you will never use half the functions of a Motec / Autotronics anyway. The other limitation (correct me if I'm wrong) is the availability of people who can map (does it need mapped? I would assume so - its not the same of chip as a unichip I'm thinking) the EcuTek. Autronics and the like are chosen by car enthusiasts as they know thats the 'favourite' of their favourite mapper. :)

Hmm the EcuTek still uses the MAF sensor? Thats handy if you want to save a bit of cash I guess,

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
Martin,

WRC Tech are experiencing email issues (technical glitches out of their control) - therefore it would appear that some emails are going astray.

Prob best you call them just to be safe.

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
878 Posts
JOHN'S RED VII said:
Oops - I was a bit slow there John. Martin *has* read my post cos I received and replied to a PM from him concerning it.

Martin,

As far as performance gains then there are none, as you will have noted by my thread. In fact , it is a big waste of money and I wouldn't go there. :rolleyes: If only I had used the search facility and seen that Sam and EVO400 agree with me on this (which you probably already know, having read Johns thread ;) )

James.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jcremonini said:
Oops - I was a bit slow there John. Martin *has* read my post cos I received and replied to a PM from him concerning it.

I think i only asked you the price

As far as performance gains then there are none, as you will have noted by my thread. In fact , it is a big waste of money and I wouldn't go there. :rolleyes: If only I had used the search facility and seen that Sam and EVO400 agree with me on this (which you probably already know, having read Johns thread ;) )

James.
"To say I am well pleased is an understatement. The EcuTek is a damn site cheaper way to get good gains than the alternative Motec and Autronic route.

So - big thanks to the chaps at WRC (Chris for the mapping and Alan for the chatting). Give them a call - I'm damn glad I did!"

So im :confused: james is it a *waste of time* or are you *dam glad you called them* :confused:

Just wondering if it was worth doing thats, think i will leave.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Martin1 said:
"To say I am well pleased is an understatement. The EcuTek is a damn site cheaper way to get good gains than the alternative Motec and Autronic route.

So - big thanks to the chaps at WRC (Chris for the mapping and Alan for the chatting). Give them a call - I'm damn glad I did!"

So im :confused: james is it a *waste of time* or are you *dam glad you called them* :confused:

Just wondering if it was worth doing thats, think i will leave.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cheers Mark helpful as ever, see youve changed avatar again ;)

Thanks mosi thought it was strange :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts