Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
they have paid nearly £4000 in to my bank...:eek:

Maybe I will be getting my new Evo sooner than I thought... Im not going to tell the wife. LOL

:smthumbup

It's worth updating them as you can see!

Added:-- BTW you can earn up to nearly £60,000 and claim! I don't make the rules.....

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Well done - buying an Evo is exactly what Tax Credits are for... not your kids upbringing!

Besides, if that's what you're spending them on, you don't deserve them.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I would hold onto it for a bit, they may have made a mistake and then ask for it back! I would check with them first (and get it in writing) before you start splashing the cash.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well done - buying an Evo is exactly what Tax Credits are for... not your kids upbringing!

Besides, if that's what you're spending them on, you don't deserve them.
LOL, my son has more than enough spent on him with his karting etc etc. It's more to do with being self employed and having a lower net profit 08-09 than I thought...

:D

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
LOL, my son has more than enough spent on him with his karting etc etc. It's more to do with being self employed and having a lower net profit 08-09 than I thought...

Fair enough - but do you not see the "wrongness" of helping pay for an Evo with essentially other people tax.

If you already afford multiple cars and to pay for your son to go Karting, you should not be getting handouts at the tax payers expense...

I'm sure many would do it if entitled, but I just think it's part of the problem with this country!

·
NR555
7,437 Posts
Not often I agree with what you say Ben, but the above statement is as true as I've ever read.

·
Premium Member
22,085 Posts

did they backdate payments??? if so they shouldn't so I was told

It seems my self employed profit for the last few years was so low i was entitled to substancial working tax credits, which i didn't claim, as i didn't realise, but they told me they dont backdate, and credits start from the application date, in rare special circumstances they will backdate 3 months maximum

so i claimed for the remaining few months of the tax year, and into the next, which was a profitable year, so ended up paying back a big chunk of what i was paid :wallbang:

Stu

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
If you think you have received the money in error then the chances are you probably have. They will want it back and telling them you spent the cash will not cut it.

Seriously, ring up asking what you are entitled to and if it matches what you have received then fair do's but even then they can change their mind afterwards.

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
should i not get 5k+ rebated then as i have a house and some nice cars :confused: and can afford tto live quite happily

Fair enough - but do you not see the "wrongness" of helping pay for an Evo with essentially other people tax.

If you already afford multiple cars and to pay for your son to go Karting, you should not be getting handouts at the tax payers expense...

I'm sure many would do it if entitled, but I just think it's part of the problem with this country!

·
Premium Member
20,181 Posts
Yep, bloke at work got tax credits for two years, after that time they said they wanted a load of it back even though his circunstances had not changed, probably rumbled on for another two years now, with loads of hastle, threats etc etc. Says it was one of the worst things he ever did, getting involved with the whole system :shake:

1,466 Posts
If you think you have received the money in error then the chances are you probably have. They will want it back and telling them you spent the cash will not cut it.

Seriously, ring up asking what you are entitled to and if it matches what you have received then fair do's but even then they can change their mind afterwards.
I was overpaid through no fault of my own because my ex-wife refused to fill in a form when we split.

Net result was that despite the fact that I was entitled to claim for a year as a single parent (to the tune of about £4k-£5k, I couldn't as they couldn't close the joint one. As stated earlier, they refuse to back pay it or offset it against the money they say we owe.

Between my ex-wife and I, we owed roughly £3.5k and I paid my half, but because she is a benefit scrounging scumbag now, I have to pay her half back until she gets off her arse and gets a job, which she refuses to do. :wallbang: I have told her I have paid it, but I am really paying a small amount each week as then if she does get a job, they will take money back through her tax coding :mhihi:

Make sure it is correct Mat, as they happily pay it out without consideration, but when they want it repaying, they are complete ******s :goingmad:

·
Registered
840 Posts
If you're entitled to Tax Credits then you can spend it on what you damn well like!!!!

Don't listen to people on here saying what you can or can't do with the money just because you have a decent lifestyle with a few pounds in the bank!!

If the ordinary working man doesn't claim what he's enttled to.... then M.P's will spend it on their expense claims!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
If you're entitled to Tax Credits then you can spend it on what you damn well like!!!!

Don't listen to people on here saying what you can or can't do with the money just because you have a decent lifestyle with a few pounds in the bank!!

If the ordinary working man doesn't claim what he's enttled to.... then M.P's will spend it on their expense claims!:rolleyes:

Considering that these forums indicate that an increasing number of evo owners don't even have a job, your comment comes as no surprise. Last time I checked, benefits such as mentioned by the OP are supposed to be for those who are genuinely in need. Not a criticism but just a general observation, just remember that this money comes from somewhere and that somewhere = somebody(ies) that has to pay for them. :)

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
what a shame.

work....earn money....pay tax......work harder....pay more tax.....work harder still.....somehow pay less tax....

don't work....pay no tax.....get free money.....

not a dig at the OP just a rant that this country is rubbish, the population are controlled by a dictatorship and nobody cares.

cash is king.....tax is scum!

·
Premium Member
22,085 Posts
working tax credit is a little different, its a top-up payment for those who are working, but not earning good money, ie those who choose to work though they would be better off on benefits

dont get me wrong, i hate the benefit culture of today, and i intially refused to accept working tax credits as my pride wouldn't let me accept benefits of any kind, but it was pointed out to me that working tax credits are aimed at the working person on a low income, to help them survive in the low paid work they are doing rather than stop working and go on the dole

mistake i made was that i was entitled to it for 3 years, but i didn't actually make a claim until the last 4 months. My next tax year was much better, so I contacted the WTC office but they wouldn't stop my payments, i had to keep receiving them for several months, till the 'system' stopped paying, then i had to return the several months payments

Stu

·
Registered
563 Posts
they have paid nearly £4000 in to my bank...:eek:

Maybe I will be getting my new Evo sooner than I thought... Im not going to tell the wife. LOL

It's worth updating them as you can see!
That's great news,least now you can pay the mlr subs:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
working tax credit is a little different, its a top-up payment for those who are working, but not earning good money, ie those who choose to work though they would be better off on benefits

Stu
but it also means people can work 16 hours a week and get their pay topped up to a full time wage.

its also why floods of other people are flooding into the uk from other countries, had this confirmed at a party over the weekend, he said "the uk gives good money out, so we all come and take, why not?? its money for free!!"

i had to leave the party before i said/ did something i regretted:goingmad:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.