Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as title says :confused:
would anyone buy a cat D evo or is it a very big NO NO
what do you lot think of these....

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/894445.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/806854.htm

My mate sold a Cat D evo 7 rs2 a few years back for 8k when they were worth 17k, and it was still very nice with the rear end fixed to a very high standard...heres a pic,

I dont know who he sold it to but i've heard its just sold again for 6.5k. Im based in the north east, sunderland, anyone recognise it at all?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
errr, yes i would, seeing as that one is now mine!

Only had it a week but no probs so far, and no, I didn't pay the asking price either :)
:mhihi: Thats that one out the window then :shake:

So at the risk of beong cheeky;) how much did you get it for mate?

[email protected] thats a DAMD front bumper they look Mint IMO, just look at Stinnies

JimBFC.... yours is an exception mate, very nice, well modded ;)

·
acting daft since 1969
19,607 Posts
CAT D can be a whole heap of things for being so ,having body damage is just one of them ,so YES id buy one ,i dont even think you have to declear its cat d unless the person asks if your the seller

·
Registered
122 Posts
CAT D can be a whole heap of things for being so ,having body damage is just one of them ,so YES id buy one ,i dont even think you have to declear its cat d unless the person asks if your the seller
think you have to declear it as a cat d as its worth only 75% of a undamaged car's price,you also have to tell the insurance company as thay wont ask you,
if you buy a cat d better to have pic's befor the repair and after for insurance problems latter on incase of another claim.
thing is with car prices so low why bother with a cat c or d ?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I've had cat D cars in the past, 1 of which I actually bought damaged, only needed a front subframe, a shocker, and an alloy, no bodywork damage so was diy repair. I certainly think if they're cheap enough, its not a bad option if you intent keeping the car for a good length of time, and so are not too bothered about resale value. Plus think of the money saved to spend on mods :smthumbup
Spend 10k on a totally standard car, or buy one for 6 - 7, and have some tasty bits fitted, all down to personal choice really.

Dave

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have a cat D e4 stolen recovered all it needed was a ignition barrel ,cowlings and a door handle,fixed it up myself took me half a day
cat D not worth worrying about

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I make my girlfriend clean her shoes before she gets in mine.So a theif in the driving seat.No thanks!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts