Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
er...yes and no?

I would say that it can be forced to fit.

At a glance, I would suggest that you might have some difficulty with the intercooler, but nothing that can't be worked around. The bit that looks like it will sting will be that your factory intercooler pipes would probably need some work, which means a few extra hard pipes and some more silicone hose.

As the kit doesn't look like it comes with ANY hard pipes, you might have to get someone to weld on a boss for that dumpvalve, and you are still going to need to get a custom downpipe or a screamer pipe made up for your wastegate.

That kit looks like it has all the MAJOR bits you need, but I'd budget plenty of time and plenty of extra cash to get it all to fit.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
expect lots of lag on the road......
great for the drags/track though.....

your e2 i/c is more than adequate
if not.....add an electric fan
& if you want to uprate the turbo...go for a GT-series item
or hybrid Mitsubishi/garrett which will give better spool up

·
Premium Member
2,925 Posts
thats the same manifold as mine and also same style intercooler
they do all fit ut its not an easy job have to cut the waste gate off and reangle the flange away from power steering pump
then theres the fun getting a direct route on the IC pipe run and getting it ehind a evo umper luckily ive got a very flexible fibreglas one so it goes where i put it lol no bumper ar or anything
also need to race manifold ive done this on downpipe so ill let u know how it goes
and u need to dump radiator ideally and get a small one under slam panel
and then thing fan
so not to much lol
ive got pics of most of it if anyone does decide to do it

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
Paul,
If you are thinking seriously about a new turbo let me know i have found some good deals while researching mine, you dont need to go silly unless you are going for big power (450+) and also a direct bolt on should be available if you dotn want all the extra work, the biggest mistake you can make is going for a bigger turbo than you need... as you will end up will terrible spool up and lag :( which will take the fun out of your car on everday driving, theres a few on here who have gone for a bigger turbo than they really need and there cars are now no fun on normal roads :(. Also as Jan says stock intercooler wil be fine for most people, and going bigger just makes yet more lag on the road, which is no fun.
The 20g hybrid i have gone for spools up near identical to stock with no more lag than 16g, yet top end pull is far more and i havent even upped the boost yet :eek: :)

You can try Dave (Evo400) you may get more luck than me!

Cheers
Ian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts