Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a genuine 4rs. Car drives lovely. Is apparently 400/400 with e6 engine, ecu and injectors, e9 turbo with forge actuator. 3 port boost solenoid, walbro pump. Gsr seats. Compomotive rally wheels, ns2r tyres, e6 brembo all round. 3” turbo back exhaust.

It was an impulse buy, and I knew there were some rust issues in the past. And I had all intentions of stripping to a shell and restore it. However I have just signed a deal to open an mot station, so won’t have time or space to carry out the work.

As said the car drives fine, no strange noises. All the usual rs spec, lsd, quick rack. And no mod cons

I’m using it daily at the moment, and have just fitted brand new tein coilovers. And having looked at the previous repairs, I wouldn’t say they were a fantastic job. So the question is, will this car be worth more in parts than as a poor condition car?

She looks the part on the road. Maybe I’m just being too fussy for a 23 year old car.

Where would people value it?

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
The value for me would be in the complete car/shell being an RS. Anything can be repaired if you've got the time and money. Breaking it will mean you've to advertise it, reply to timewasters , strip it, wrap parts for delivery and post them. Then you're left with all the crap bits nobody needs and possibly a rusty shell. If you can get a turn on it, sell it on. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
10,622 Posts
Breaking it should be last priority if it is repairable. Especially being an RS. Check the engine code and post it up mate , that’s a starting point as the original IV engine isn’t the best

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
If you have recently bought it, you'll know how much it owes you.How much you in for if you don't mind me asking?
Keep it if its good going car, must go well with 400/400.Dont know how much an Evo 4 would break for body/interior wise, running gear should make good money.Scarce car,dont see much 4 rs.Like you say,23 years old car, how fussy and carried away do you get.You will be fine for an Mot anyway:lol: Good luck with your venture:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
The E6 engine would be worth money, along with the door cards (assumng RS), mirrrors, door handles and gearbox (if it's RS ratios), transfer box will almost certainly be open diff so not massive money. If it's got 4 GSR seats, they'll be worth less than RS seats. The E4 RS diff is different from later versions and although it will fit, people generally don't want to do it so not worth as much as an E5+ one.

As above, breaking probably won't get you as much as selling the car whole, plus you'll be destroying a 4RS,

Sell it whole, it's not going to be the gold mine to break that a later RS would be.

Cheers,

Simon

·
acting daft since 1969
19,567 Posts
id have said its worth around £6k to £7k but it all depends whats what underneath

my old 4 rs was rusty 15 years ago that was a grade 4 car when imported

DONT break it tho youll not get back that

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys. It’s certainly gotta be saveable. I just need to consider if I’m going to have the time and space to do it, or Is it better to let it go to someone else who will bring it to its best again.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I sold my evo 4 this year for 10k, it did have a complete nut and bolt resto done to it, MG autos can vouch for the car.

It did sell for less then i wanted tbh, i was after around 12-14k

1 - 10 of 10 Posts