Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys.been on my mind for a while now.whanting more noise from my standard mr b.o.v without replacing it with an upgraded 1.would a induction kit make it louder and would i need to get car mapped after?thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
HKS induction kit sounds nice.

·
Registered
30,780 Posts
mine gave a lovely chatter sound :D:D:D

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
HKS induction and APS bov (set to hard setting) gives the best sound.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
:) turbo flutter does sound the dogs, not to much tho as you might aswell not have a bov on your car atall and reduce the life of the turbo :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Had my standard BOV back on for a little white with Apex'i Power Intake & HKS Racing Suction Pipe. It sounded alot better than i thought it would :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks guys iam gona get mysel involved then.got a friend with evo 6 tm and sounds lovley when changing up.want that sound.turbo chatter is asume just not for your turbo.pitty.ial order a hks then take it no remap needed then?weres best place to find mysel one.cheers guys

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
no point i n a remap til u v got all the stage one mods you want tbh mate.
turbo chatter isnt good as its the sound if air going over the turbo back where it came from there for trying to spin the turbo blades the other way, sounds good and all but reduces the life of the turbo. A bit of it is no harm atall and you will get this with almost all bov's unless there recirc. :)

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
I run a Forge VTA BOV, with a Cusco 3" (MAF to Turbo) hardpipe,and a dual funnel Apexi Power Air Cone!
Lovely induction note!, BOV sounds louder,and WOW:eek:, what a suction noise on throttle!!!:naughty:
It fairly shifts the air,and gets it flowing to the tubby!:)
I would highly recommend this set-up to anyone!:mhihi:

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
mine gave a lovely chatter sound :D:D:D
+1:smthumbup
You just gotta love a bit of Wastegate chatter!!!:D:D;):smthumbup

As above too, I would wait until you have de-catt'd,and are running 3" pipework,with a Walbro 255,( MAF to Turbo) hard pipe,and some kind of boost control, that would warrant a remap!:naughty:

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
You could fit the hks kit and just get your afr checked

1 - 19 of 19 Posts