Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm toying with an idea here, and was just wondering whether I would see any benefit on my X FQ-360.
In the past I have given my cars to the boys at Forge to great effect, however speaking to them a few weeks ago, the only recommended their new actuator and maybe a DV as he said "the HKS stuff on your car's pretty hot anyway!"

What do you guys think? Worth slinging a couple of hundred quid at the old girl without too much risk to the :mitsi: warranty?

Cheers

Jimmy

·
Premium Member
22,085 Posts
wouldn't bother with forge actuator personally, cant really say for the evo X's but generally the standard evo actuators are good for the job they are made for, plus much more boost

also, people seem to have problems with correct springs in forge actuators, and lastly, i would have thought a forge actuator would invalidate your warrenty, as you are directly messing with bits that control the power of the car, whether you actually run more boost or not

Stu

·
Premium Member
22,085 Posts
what problems? im clueless with this sh*t but wouldnae mind knowing whats up as ive got 1:smthumbup
if its on and working fine, dont worry about it, just, in my opinion, a load of money for a flashy part that you cant even see, that is far less reliable than the more than adaquate standard part

(there, said it how it is ;):D )

Stu

·
Premium Member
9,730 Posts
if its on and working fine, dont worry about it, just, in my opinion, a load of money for a flashy part that you cant even see, that is far less reliable than the more than adaquate standard part

(there, said it how it is ;):D )

Stu
no tip-toeing around there :crackup:

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I've been running a forge actuator for 18 months - no problems what soever. (I bought it second hand)

....and I must say forge has the best customer service I've encountered (and no it wasnt to do with the actuator:lol:)

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
last 2 cars iv mapped have had these fitted and both wouldnt take more than 1.5 bar boost.both were check for pretension and leaks and both had 1.2 bar springs fitted if memory serves.fitted the stock actuators on and no more problems.

·
Premium Member
9,730 Posts
last 2 cars iv mapped have had these fitted and both wouldnt take more than 1.5 bar boost.both were check for pretension and leaks and both had 1.2 bar springs fitted if memory serves.fitted the stock actuators on and no more problems.
had exactly the same prob last week with an evo 6 , oem 8 actuator cured it

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Guys I'm going to go ahead and possibly sound a little thick here :)

I had my 5 in for a power run after getting a new engine fitted, it seems that the boost is tailing off a bit early in the rev range.

Would this be caused by the actuator?? I'm pretty sure that is what the tuner said, but, not quite 100% certain :rolleyes:

Where could I get an OEM 8 actuator from?

Cheers
Matt.

P.S. Sorry for hijacking the thread :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Guys I'm going to go ahead and possibly sound a little thick here :)

I had my 5 in for a power run after getting a new engine fitted, it seems that the boost is tailing off a bit early in the rev range.

Would this be caused by the actuator?? I'm pretty sure that is what the tuner said, but, not quite 100% certain :rolleyes:

Where could I get an OEM 8 actuator from?

Cheers
Matt.

P.S. Sorry for hijacking the thread :smthumbup
what ecu/boost controller is fitted?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Ah right ok,

The map seemed to be fine on the power run.
and when I first bought the car it seemed to hold the boost more than it does now (map has not changed).

Think I'll try going down the new actuator route, any idea where I could get one?

How are the GEMS mean't to be on start up in cold/damp weather. Mine is takes a bit going to get it started?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Ah right ok,

The map seemed to be fine on the power run.
and when I first bought the car it seemed to hold the boost more than it does now (map has not changed).

Think I'll try going down the new actuator route, any idea where I could get one?

How are the GEMS mean't to be on start up in cold/damp weather. Mine is takes a bit going to get it started?
thats always the problem with aftermarket ecus.they can take ages to set up cold start.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts