Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a netgear wireless router, my main computer is wired and i have no problems.
The problem is the laptop, on wireless card it has very good connection and works for sometimes 10 mins sometimes a hour when you restart the router but when it stops working i still have good signal etc but the connection is still sending bps but not recieving.

please help

thanks

jase

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Some basic questions to start with.

1) Has it always done this? If not, what did you change before it started happening?

2) What operating system?

3) What model/type of wireless card? Built in or PC card?

4) Have you tried a newer driver?

5) Does it just stop working? Or after you reset he router?

6) What happens if you disable and enable the wireless network connection?

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
marky said:
Some basic questions to start with.

1) Has it always done this? If not, what did you change before it started happening? yes

2) What operating system? windows xp

3) What model/type of wireless card? Built in or PC card? net gear, card and router

4) Have you tried a newer driver? yes,removed and reinstalled and all then updated

5) Does it just stop working? Or after you reset he router? yes just stops working no particular time limit, if i reset router it works for a while again

6) What happens if you disable and enable the wireless network connection? nothing happens it still says its connected but just stops recieving and only sends data

Cheers

Mark
thanks for any help

jase

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I to have a netgear router and had never had any problem like this. It should be irrelevant, but have you tried later router firmware?

What service pack have you applied to XP? The netgear website says that SP2 can effect internet access. They have released several driver fixes.

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
22 Posts
If its a netgear router, particularly the DG834G, the firmware it comes with is rubbish. If you have this model upgrade to the BETA firmware, rock solid stable for me now.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everybody for your help, have now upgraded the firm ware and all is working very well now. How silly these simple things make a difference and i would never had thought of it untill it was put on here :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

thanks

jase

·
Registered
24,444 Posts
jase_r said:
I have a netgear wireless router, my main computer is wired and i have no problems.
The problem is the laptop, on wireless card it has very good connection and works for sometimes 10 mins sometimes a hour when you restart the router but when it stops working i still have good signal etc but the connection is still sending bps but not recieving.

please help

thanks

jase
ours is one of those, we ended up re installing the wireless router :D

·
Premium Member
4,874 Posts
i had this with my netgear

download new firmware all good.....make sure you can connect to it with a cable though, or you could have trouble re-logging in to set it up afterwards

lee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts