Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I know it's just the summer...

What wheels (rims and tires size) do you use in winter in VII/VIII? I do not like the idea of 235/45R17 snow tires :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
C'mon guys... Don't you have winter wheels?

What narrowest tires will fit standard Enkeis? 205/55R17?

What narrower 17" rims do fit VIII?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I just run 225/45/17 summer tyres on the stock 17x7.5 Oz alloys for my 6, but I don't see much (if any) snow here :(

According to this page from Yokohamas site you can put a 215/45/17 tyre on an 8" wheel (your Enkeis are 17x8")

The standard Evo 6 alloy is 7.5" wide and will definitely fit (and more importantly, clear the brakes) on a 7-9. I think you'll have trouble finding a thinner 17" that will clear the brakes, unless you get some custom made to the right dimensions or run the wrong offset.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
kamil said:
Yeah I know it's just the summer...

What wheels (rims and tires size) do you use in winter in VII/VIII? I do not like the idea of 235/45R17 snow tires :)
Same for summer and winter - whats this snow thing I keep hearing about? :) If you get a lot of snow where you are the best thing would be to change to winter tyres on the same size wheels and just take a bit care - as mentioned above you might have brake clearance problems with narrower wheels.

·
Registered
158 Posts
In uk down size in tyre size is not common.

I got this from NORW (lives in Norway). He suggests 195 width limit in 7.5 ins rim.

I use 235/45 winter tyres due to the fact that mostly it is cold, wet and a bit icy. Hope this helps

Sorry those magazines are not in my house anymore.. After i bought my Bridgestone Blizzac 195-45-17 i probably lost .. them. 195 is as narrow as i would try on a 7.5" rim.

The different studless wintertyres are more or less built for snow/ice conditions. The tyres made in Finland: nokia are usually very good on snow/ice but too soft for tarmac use.

Im not certain but i think a goodyear tyre won the sport.auto test for 17". They where best or better than average on all surfaces. This goodyear design was new autumn 2003, the tyre had not been tested before.

Aswell the Bridgestones are good, but mainly on ice/snow. I bought Blizzac because my fun driving in winter is on snow and ice. On tarmac the Blizzac got too soft sidewalls and the braking is difficult, really need to get used to it when the summer tyres are changed to these!!.

I would not consider 235 width if you have to do some driving in loose snow. But if most of the driving is on hard surface, slippery or not, i would go for 235 because they are stiffer sideways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts