Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, After my crash that occured about a month ago, I noticed that my oil cooler was a bit smashed but not leaking and is still functional, and washer tank was broken and motors were off the bottle. Now, I'm fixing basically everything, except for the wiper tank, don't really care much about water sprayed on my windshield.

Nevertheless, after reading a few posts concerning the waterspray function for the radiator and intercooler, HH6 mentioned that this works off the same wiper tank. If this is correct, then my waterspraying ability will not work. Correct? HH6 stated something about the E5 GSR having this unit in the boot. If so, where can I locate this water tank? Where are the nozzles located? Are they attached to the bumper? How can I know for sure if the hit didn't screw them up?

thanks and regards

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jigga,
On the Evo6 (I presume it's the same as the 5) the windscreen washer bottle is located in the boot on the passenger side of the car behind a little flap.
The water bottle in the front of the engine bay is just for the intercooler waterspray and is nothing to do with the windscreen washers at all.

Hope this helps

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I want fully operating nonetheless. Like I said, I really don't care about washing my windows, just care about having the spraying function working for the summer. Maybe I'll phone Ears see if they have any for sale.

thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IIRC E5 unit for intercooler spray and window washing is combined - in the engine compartment.

It's different for E6 - separate units as stated.

Kevin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sounds more like it. I'll probably only replace the tank then, re-attach the motors and fittings, and test the unit out. tHanks guys for the help. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There seems to be a bit of confusion over this. I am sure the original thread ages ago was someone asking how to improve the capacity of the washers and the IC on the E5. I said to fit the E6 system although that would mean running long lengths of piping to the boot. Perhaps thats where the confusion arose?

Anyway the E4 and 5 has a combined washer and amp; IC bottle in the engine bay, the E6 has the IC bottle only in the engine bay with the washer bottle in the boot.
The E4 has a total of 2 nozzles, both on the IC. The E5 and 6 has a total of 4 nozzles, 2 on the IC and 2 on the radiator.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HH6, are all four nozzles facing the rad and ic attached to the bumper? I could easily make the bottle in the front of my E5 just for the IC and amp; radiator cooling. Maybe I'll convert the second motor, the one that washes the windshield, and use that one for the intercooler. As far as washing the windshield, a good car wash every now and then wouldn't hurt. :)

Do you think that this would work?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts