Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have an evo 6 and have done stage 1 mods regulated by an apexi power fc. My mech suggested a garrett turbo with the following specs:

Compressor housing AR .70, comp wheel 56.6 mm trim 57 and turbine housing 0.63 with wheel 54mm and trim 69 (don`t know if I got that one right). He claims it can make 350-400 atw. I`m not sure as I think it will lag too much with the high ar. Anybody got any opinions on whether the lag will be too much? Ideally I would like to run 1.3-1.5 bar and start spooling at between 3200-3500 rpm (earlier would be better) with full boost by 4500 rpm while exceeding 300 whp.

Any opinions would be welcome. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Hi all,

I have an evo 6 and have done stage 1 mods regulated by an apexi power fc. My mech suggested a garrett turbo with the following specs:

Compressor housing AR .70, comp wheel 56.6 mm trim 57 and turbine housing 0.63 with wheel 54mm and trim 69 (don`t know if I got that one right). He claims it can make 350-400 atw. I`m not sure as I think it will lag too much with the high ar. Anybody got any opinions on whether the lag will be too much? Ideally I would like to run 1.3-1.5 bar and start spooling at between 3200-3500 rpm (earlier would be better) with full boost by 4500 rpm while exceeding 300 whp.

Any opinions would be welcome. Thanks guys.
Yes it will lag too much.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks for the info. I can customise the ar, trim and housing for both the turbine and compressor as my mech is an authorised garrett dealer so what would you suggest for a fast spooling turbo which would be good for 350-400 atw? Btw, the turbo I am looking at is a t04e garrett. Would a .63 a/r housing and 50 trim do the trick? The GT series of turbo is too expensive where I`m at.

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ok thanks for the info. I can customise the ar, trim and housing for both the turbine and compressor as my mech is an authorised garrett dealer so what would you suggest for a fast spooling turbo which would be good for 350-400 atw? Btw, the turbo I am looking at is a t04e garrett. Would a .63 a/r housing and 50 trim do the trick? The GT series of turbo is too expensive where I`m at.

Cheers guys.
Go for the FP red turbo :smthumbup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts