Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pick up me new mr on friday should have my stereo and speakers 2morrow i have ordered an adaptor cable for the head unit but do i need some for the speaker wires to fit my pioneer speakers????
cheers martin. :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
i too have ordered a 320 and was not aware that i need an adapter cable for the head unit,what are these for and how much are they?? the head unit is an alpine if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
124 Posts
When you look in the hole in the dash where the stereo should be on my 6 you see a multipin plug, maybe 20 pins.

That is a "unique" style plug for that model car, go to a car audio shop with the car, let them plug and test one or two of their Mitsubishi leads in (£12 maybe)

Their lead will convert it from whatever car you have to ISO which is a standard format.

You Alpine will most likely have an ISO socket on it so by using the adaptor you just plug the unit in with no cutting, crimping or anything.

A lot of cars now come with ISO plugs as their standard and have moved away from "unique" affairs but I am not sure the Japs have done so yet even on the late 8's ?

JJS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts