Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am currently in the process of sorting out my suspension, I have been offered some dampers from an Evo 6, can anyone tell me if they will fit an Evo4 easily or are there any mods that need doing ????

Cheers

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Si,
The top mount locations r the same as 5 and amp; 6 , but , there r differences at the bottom. The bottom ball joints have a different diametre mounting pin into the strut bottom , and any way the Evo 6 bottom arm (wishbone) has a lower mounted ball joint which changes the front roll centre. So u wud have 2 change the lower arm . Then the front AR bar is different so u wud need 2 fit a 6 bar.
Also , I think the brake caliper mounts r different on the 4 , because the 5 and amp; 6 have Brembo calipers , so that wud mean brakes 2.

I am pretty sure about the above , can any1 confirm ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for that info, I was about to buy a set of E6 dampers but I won't now !!

Anyone got E4 suspension for sale ??

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Simon,

R u still after a suspension kit?

I`ve a set of Ohlins, ( adjustable bump` n `rebound ) with lowered Eibach springs...The Kit came off my 4, the springs r new......Will fit 5 or 6 If anybody else is interested..

Complete shocks, springs with Cusco top mounts brand new never used (anodised in blue) Adjustable 4Camber, Cost alone £250...the hole lot £650.00 In Surrey...Camberley

1 - 4 of 4 Posts