Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been running my 8 MR for 4 months now with a decat and never had any problems with boost cots, last night i fitted a APS BOV as i was getting problems with idle with the factory BOV. I took the car out to test all was ok, The car feels better now and my idle is much more stable. But today driving in 5th gear about 3500 rpm i experienced my first boost cut :eek: nearley snapped my neck lol.

Could this have anything to do with the APS BOV, do i need to adjust it etc.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
It may be due to the original one being knackered. If it was leaking (which it sounds like it may have been) then perhaps the boost tailing off wasn't enough to hit fuel cut. Now the new one is on it's holding boost and getting high enough to cut.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not getting high enough to cut on the old valve but due to the cat being removed also, is that what you mean, i read it could be due to the weather being cold etc, going to refit it tomorrow as the standard jubilee clips are not very good just to make sure theres no leaks etc.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I meant it sounds like the standard/original valve is leaking, hence no fuel cuts.

Now you have a working bov on there that seals properly on WOT and holds boost then you are getting fuel cuts because boost is going higher.

Basically it points more to a problem with the original dump valve.

I'd be thinking about an ecutek remap to make the most of your mods.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers james i was thinking about a ecutek remap at a later stage after i fit a few more upgrades.

I took the car out for a spin tonight and it was fine, may buy an AVCR to limit the boost for the time being.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.