Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to a customers house today (big georgian farm house) parked up, sorted the job, went to get back into my TD5 disco....nothing, key fob wouldn't work at all. WEIRD i thought, opened door with the key, alarm went off, ODD!! locked it again and the alarm stopped.

thought the keyfob battery was dead but the light was still coming on when i pressed the button. got my mom to bring over the spare keys, nothing. went home, called AA, arranged for them to meet me at the customers place. checked out the landy forum, someone had the exact same thing happen to them, they dragged the car away from the wall and it worked.

so, we went back with a tow rope, dragged the disco backwards and hey presto....worked fine.

the customer even mentioned that since they'd lived at the house, they're 54 M3 BMW won't lock using the key fob, it was parked directly next to my disco.

STRANGE BUT TRUE!!

·
Premium Member
8,869 Posts
A few years ago I went to collect some parts from an Iveco commercial vehicle parts dealer and had a similiar problem with a Toad alarm on my Cossie, the guys at the workshop pushed the car to the entrance gate and said try now and everything was fine. Apparently it happened regularly and was due to the premises alarm at the site according to the mechanics.

·
Registered
10,001 Posts
my evo alarm done this a few month back and i ended up having to take the whole thing out....saved about 1.5 pound in weight though:mhihi:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Also proximity to mobile phone masts.
It took me ages to figure out what used to cause my Sigma Alarm/Immobiliser to not work! One of the offices I used to work at had a mobile phone mast nearby and if I didn't park at the furthest end away from it (luckily the end with the office in it!), I'd go to blip the fob when I left to lock it up, and then realise it didn't work. Annoyingly, by this time, 30 seconds had passed, so although I couldn't blip the fob to lock up, I couldn't drive the car away either as the immobiliser had kicked in. I used to end up locking up by key (no alarm set, but immobilised) and tackle it when I finished work for the day.

Sometimes I could blip the fob held up against the bonnet above where the alarm unit lived or from in the wheel arch. The alarm used to know when people were around, as this method would never work, so was a common site to see me pushing my car along the carpark. It was very random as to when the alram used to do this! Very annoying!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts