Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is about this car? You know that it is capable of doing silly things and that when you do those silly things you manage to fill it up with SUL every other day.

I make a concious effort to drive sensibly on commuting trips to and from the railway station every day. But, as soon as I see a car in the distance I have this irresistable urge to catch them and pass them as soon as possible. ( especially if it is a car that is 'considred' to be a bit usefull.) I like to imagine the what the f##k was that comment . not just overtake sensibly using the torque in 4th or 5th which in most cases would be adequate, but 3rd gear and howling like a 2 bit hore.(excuse the pun).

Am I alone on this one or is this why this car is sucha rip snorter..:):):):):):):):):)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You are most definitely not alone! Part of the problem comes from the fact that people rarely try to overtake you - or if they did, you didn't notice as you were going so firkin quickly at the time!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The best thing about driving an Evo in London (and there aren't many things!!) is that when you drive through the city people look at the car coming towards them and they actually run. Seriously, if they're crossing the road and you are driving towards them they run for their lives, even if you're driving very slowly. Only happens in my Evo - in the second car I have to slow down for them and wait for them to cross. It's quite funny.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's difficult to control the urge to catch and amp; pass anything even in London, but you can always catch people gorping at the car when traffic is really slow (especially Porsche and amp; Audi drivers who never like to be caught looking) :) Out on duals and amp; motorways people seem to move over real sharpish when they look in their rear view: who said looks didn't affect performance?

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, when I was still hunting in and around London, people did get out the way quite sharpish. It doesn't matter what country people just blatantly stare at the car. When I started driving my new company car it felt quite weird that no one was looking. God I miss my car!! Right now it's in the garage with a flat battery waiting to be serviced and reawakened in spring. I do go and see it every now and then though, I even talk with it, is that weird??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would not have expected our Finnish friend to leave his car stored in a garage winter time!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its a lump of metal, not a priceless classic,and 4wd is handy in the snow
Transits are still more fun though (in snow)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts