Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When slowing through the gears my car makes a strange whining noise if I lift off the clutch slowly

Is my clutch shot already??? (It's only done 7000 miles and I have never tried a flying start)

Any advice much appreciated

·
Registered
321 Posts
Mine does it too and my car has done 4000. Perfectly normal depending on how loud it is (should need to listen for it) as the gearbox is in an overdrive position where the speed of the vehicle is driving the gearbox not the engine.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I dip the clutch it goes away again.

That was why I thought it was clutch related. I suppose the best bet is to pay a little visit to Mitsi at the weekend isn't it!

Thanks guys

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw my wife earlier this morning so it is unlikely to be her

It's only been doing it since I ran over that old biffer and stuffed him in the boot - come to think of it he has not started to smell bad yet ..............................................
;)

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Swisdom said:
I saw my wife earlier this morning so it is unlikely to be her

It's only been doing it since I ran over that old biffer and stuffed him in the boot - come to think of it he has not started to smell bad yet ..............................................
;)
well if theres no smell he's still alive. that must be what it is. drag him oot and hit him again.

didnt anyone tell you that if you hit someone always reverse just to make sure ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I prefer the "drag them for quarter of an hour" technique.

If they do hang on at least they get worn away and it's less to clean up afterwards - just sometimes a little noisy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.