Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...category=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200702265395890

I went to look at this car a few months ago....it seemed in pretty good condition with a fair amount of paperwork. I didnt have the funds in place at the time of viewing to enable me to buy...so i sort of thought "oh well it'll be gone by the time i have the money".
Now i have the money in place and its still for sale......2.5 months down the line, so i'm thinking it should have sold.....and if not why not....I'm getting cold feet!! I dont want to buy a car that is there is a problem with.....now bear in mind i buy and sell cars all the time as a private buyer so i sort of know what to look for. Having said that i'm not an Evo expert so thought you guys might be able to shed some light....Why hasnt it sold yet??
Isnt it cheap for an MR even if it is imported??

thanks...guys...looking to get into Evo ownership asap!!!!! please help

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah if you read my post....i know its an import...but even so it's still cheap for an import surely....??

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah it is 15495 on the dealer site - i had this conversation with them when i went because the price keeps changing in autotrader....they didnt beleive me.....surprise surprise it was on autotrader for 15495 the day i made my appointment!!!!!! I emailed the link to them when it was next at 13495 and the reply i got was "so do you want to buy it then?" most unproffessional i thought.....this further made me suspicious not only about the car but made me question the integrity of the dealer...

·
Registered
401 Posts
slider said:
yeah it is 15495 on the dealer site - i had this conversation with them when i went because the price keeps changing in autotrader....they didnt beleive me.....surprise surprise it was on autotrader for 15495 the day i made my appointment!!!!!! I emailed the link to them when it was next at 13495 and the reply i got was "so do you want to buy it then?" most unproffessional i thought.....this further made me suspicious not only about the car but made me question the integrity of the dealer...
i also phoned about this car about 4 weeks back and it wasnt available for viewing as the manager is using it as his daily driver and wasn't around. When i mentioned money, they said that the price was £15495 not £13495 as advertised

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
As a car dealer, its not unusuall to have a car for 2 - 3 months. It is an extremely cheap MR, even if it has done 37k.

At the end of the day, you sound like you know what you are talking about when it comes to cars, so go drive it, check it over, HPI it (only of use from when the car was in the UK) and at the end of the day, thats all you can do with any car.

When selling cars, I do get asked - Why is it so cheap. Maybe, they just bought it cheap from someone who didn't know the product??

Best of luck what ever you decided to do.

PS: My MRRS was for sale for ages and its one of the best cars I have ever owned. AND it was cheap! :D

Stevie

·
Registered
70 Posts
i wouldnt bother with it if i was you look in the cars for sale section on here at least the members can help you buy a well looked after evo :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
StevieBee said:
As a car dealer, its not unusuall to have a car for 2 - 3 months. It is an extremely cheap MR, even if it has done 37k.

At the end of the day, you sound like you know what you are talking about when it comes to cars, so go drive it, check it over, HPI it (only of use from when the car was in the UK) and at the end of the day, thats all you can do with any car.

When selling cars, I do get asked - Why is it so cheap. Maybe, they just bought it cheap from someone who didn't know the product??

Best of luck what ever you decided to do.

PS: My MRRS was for sale for ages and its one of the best cars I have ever owned. AND it was cheap! :D

Stevie
Yep i wanted to drive it...i was fully intending to put a £250 deposit down and risk losing it if i didnt sell my car.....they wouldnt let me drive it however unless i was prepared to put a deposit down first??? its not exaclty as if i look dodgy...i'm clean cut and turned up in my S2000 of equivalent value...

You guys are right....even if the car is good....i'm not giving them the business...because i'm not convinced by them...

So then £16k to blow on an evo....better start looking elsewhere

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
slider said:
Yep i wanted to drive it...i was fully intending to put a £250 deposit down and risk losing it if i didnt sell my car.....they wouldnt let me drive it however unless i was prepared to put a deposit down first??? its not exaclty as if i look dodgy...i'm clean cut and turned up in my S2000 of equivalent value...

You guys are right....even if the car is good....i'm not giving them the business...because i'm not convinced by them...

So then £16k to blow on an evo....better start looking elsewhere
If a customer asks me for a test drive, they get one. I dont understand garages like this one??

As you said, its not like you turned up in a Saxo VTR?!

You are there to get a feel for the garage / sales person nearly as much as you are the car.

As stated by one of the other users, there are plenty of great examples for sale on the MLR (I bought my first one from here, great car). It also allows you to look back on the sellers posts to see what they were like. Now thats something you certainly cannot do on Autotrader!

All the best,

Stevie

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
slider said:
Hi guys....Why hasnt it sold yet??
Isnt it cheap for an MR even if it is imported??

Probably because they won't let anyone test drive it without stumping up a £250 deposit to buy it first.

I will never understand how garages like that stay in business as I walk the minute they say that.

(I have turned up at garages in a £14k evo looking at a £16k evo and they've said that to me ????)

Why the **** would I want to put £250 down on a car which I may not want to buy after the test drive ????

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
in reply guys i work for a mitsubishi dealership.

we seem to be good in the way we work, we test drive properly if the person is happy with figures, they don't need to put money down or anything like that.

in defence of some small dealerships, they are normally one man bands, and i know myself you have people turn up in brand new R32 Golfs, S2000's, Civic type 'R and the second word out of each of their mouths is 'can i test drive' obviously happy to oblige if there interested in the car and want to buy it not a problem, after the test drive they think about it and never answer there phone again.

like i say, im happy to test drive an evo at any point with anyone :) :p ;)

others are not so accomadating. as the posts above mine spell out.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Maybe they are selling it cheap because of all the money they have made on the 250 quid's they have refused to hand back. :crackup: lol

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
rschris said:
in reply guys i work for a mitsubishi dealership.

we seem to be good in the way we work, we test drive properly if the person is happy with figures, they don't need to put money down or anything like that.

in defence of some small dealerships, they are normally one man bands, and i know myself you have people turn up in brand new R32 Golfs, S2000's, Civic type 'R and the second word out of each of their mouths is 'can i test drive' obviously happy to oblige if there interested in the car and want to buy it not a problem, after the test drive they think about it and never answer there phone again.

like i say, im happy to test drive an evo at any point with anyone :) :p ;)

others are not so accomadating. as the posts above mine spell out.
Yeah know what you mean, I have sold a couple of cars, so ive had my fair share of dickheads but usually after talking to them for 5-10mins you usually know whether they are interested or just b*ll sh******g

·
Registered
2 Posts
THIS IS MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys, just had a call from interested buyer called Dan. I am totally gobsmacked to say the least.
He's had the car a while now and I had no idea this was happening, I have the car on e-bay as it has to go one way or the other, ends tomorrow night.
Will be calling him first thing tomorrow, probably to get it back!!
The car is an MR and is stunning, have even been stopped in street for photo, very embarassing!!
I apologise for any hassle caused, especially Dan but again I didn't have a clue!

·
Registered
2 Posts
p.s. been a member for 2 years now but couldn't remember my password!
Used to work with RAPTOR (Evo IV), he knows my car and it has been looked after.
I bought it with 11,000 on the clock and the rest is weekly commute at 80 (well, almost!!)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts