Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why dont people keep their evos lets face it most 2 year old cars have got 2 or 3 owners and up for sale again.I dont understant please help me out.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
because they buy them thinking they can afford to run them.

peoples situations change.

look at the amount of 07 and 56 plate cars for sale in other makes - some people just dont keep cars that long!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Some people get bored and like to swap cars regularly. Some might be getting the next model Evo who knows?

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,848 Posts
I doubt it's much worse than any other make of car. Lots of folks only keep cars for a few years. The only long-term cars people keep are run-arounds, cos if your car is for fun it can get boring sticking with the same thing.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I think it 3 things really;

1. There are actually better cars in the world than an evo and people move onwards and upwards.

2. People get it out of their system.

3. They really are that expensive to run. Ultimately, there are better things to spend your money on tbh.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Yea, cost of running an evo can be quite alot to say the least.... especially when the modding bug bites.... and it will!!

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
Well I have had mine for 8 years and I dont plan on selling it.

Meanwhile I am on my 3rd runabout, since owning the Evo ;)

·
MLR Oldie
14,964 Posts
Well I have had mine for 8 years and I dont plan on selling it.

Meanwhile I am on my 3rd runabout, since owning the Evo ;)
I'm the same as Brian. Had the Evo for about over 6 years and no plans to sell it. Had a few runabouts in between.

Guess it must be a tight ar$e Scotsman thing Brian:lol:

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
I've had mine for nearly a year now... the longest I've ever owned a car for, so I suppose thats saying something!

They're expensive to run, but IMO there is no other car that is a more fun to drive on both road and track - it has to be one of the best allrounder cars?

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
alot are pre-registered which puts on 1 owner then its normally 2 private owners after that...

and as previously said people dont expect the running costs and the toll they can take on the owner sometimes.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I plan to keep this Evo X for 5 years, but god knows how much Petrol and Road Fund License will be by then, circumstances change.

Gary A

41 Posts
I certainly wont be selling my 6 - far too good a car, had Ford RS virtually all my driving life and the Evo is so much better.

However, have just bought a cossie for day to day use as getting in and out of my race seat and using a harness everytime I go out in the Evo is a right pain in the arrrrse.

Andy

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I do think people just get bored or can't afford them any more so sell them, I get bored with my car after a while so I get it tuned more or change something on it. I've had mine for 2.5 years now and have no intention to sell it any time soon. (especially with it's new spec);).

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
If I didnt have a company car there is no way I would have bought an evo.
A company car which we can both use 247 (all legit) is the reason why we are thinking of selling ours as it will be just sat in the garage very soon, only getting used once in a blue moon.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I sold mine, because i had a lot of sleep less nights wondering when it was gonna get stolen as 2 very close to me had been and also i fell in love with something else.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have never understood the fascination with people worrying about previous owners, also the fact people that low milers GUARANTEE a mint car. Which in my experience a lot of the time simply is not true. But its something psychological about it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts