Lancer Register Forum banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Original Post:

geffers, 178 on a duke..smell the coffee
Rob,
I did say it was 'on the clock'. Even I don't believe my 'slighlty modded' 996 is capable of that...even with it's afterburner sized (and sounding) zorst's!
Does that mean you you think 165 in an EVO is possible tho'?
:)
Geffers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Good to see I am not the only sad muppet around here ;)
I started off with TFC (HL) and then got onto CS. Ended up joining a Dutch clan and did really well despite my 56k modem! (3rd in the Dutch Clanbase league). I left though because I lost interest and my high ping was a handicap :(. My nickname was Hornet (no reason just that I made up a good tag of a Hornet with an AK47 ;)) I am still known as the Grenmaster for my superb throws ;) I still play the odd game but I probably haven't touched it for a couple of months.
Check out here for the clan website I set up (all me own work ;)). I didn't have the heart to delete it off my webserver.
You sure can earn money out of gaming, our clan ended up with a sponsership deal from a Dutch games magazine. £70k a year? Christ I am in the wrong job ;)

Anyway I changed from Hornet on this forum to Heave Ho Six after I bought my car, plain old Evo 6 was too common so I made up HH6. Two months later and my name was used on the cover of Japanese Performance, I should have copyrighted it!

Fastest 160mph on the speedo just to see if it would do it, it did with room to spare on the rev counter but not on the road....sorry track ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
The fastest Ive been! 1998 These are speeds indicated by the speedo,Porsche 993 Carrera Tiptronic,only mods Exhaust and induction (Filter) on the motorway heading north from Barcelona 165-175mph except when I had to stop for gas and the odd bit of traffic,and to remove the insects from my windscreen ,you could'nt see anything out of the windscreen,just blood and guts totally smeared across the glass.

In the Evo 2001 german Autobahn 150-160mph except where there were traffic restrictions 80mph.The reason for my speed to get to my destination asap motorways are boring .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Been 152mph on a modded Kawasaki ZXR400, hence my nickname (balls of steel). Once saw a XR2 doing 150 - someone had just pushed it off of Beachy Head

G

·
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Fastchick - don't think that's quick for a girl! My missus has done 155 (on the limiter) in her XKR - racing me in my old XKR! And Evo4GirlRacer has done well over that in her old skyline (close to 180 I think seeing off a Ferrari!) Now THAT's good for a girl OR boy!

Face it Fastchickie, you need some extra lessons .

Happy to help :D - if you can take the pace :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
NumptyScrub... err... there was a spate back when I was playing Magic: the Gathering when any little kids who didn't have a clue were referred to as muppet numpty-scrubs ...

Yup, I am that sad :(

Fastest? 140 on the speedo, didn't have the balls to push it any further although there was a bit of road left before some sweeping corners. I'd rather do 50 round a corner than 150 on the straight anyway, it's more fun :D

Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Blade,

would it make u happy if i said that yeah, I am slow, I am crap at driving... you're right, I'm wrong... you're the messiah, I'm not.

Did I claim to be fastest? Nope.... I said it was good for a girl. Or are you just out to have a go?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
This has prompted me to change my name - could not explain why I called myself Mark1 when my name is Mark and I have a 5 :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Name because I'm from Swindon and I drive a Lotus Carlton. http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/laugh1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > Alright I had an Evo 2 before that. ;)

I've only been 155mph, a couple of months ago in my Lotus Carlton. It was on a dual carriageway at night, but there was a bit of traffic about, so I bottled out with plenty under the right foot to spare. [img]http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/embarassed1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > Track of course officer.

Shaun

G

·
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Fastchickie - I am just teasing you. Don't get so wound up!

You should go on a track though (and miss Evo4GirlRacer). I have nothing against women who are fast, but there are hardly any women who do track days, and I have known girls that can definitely whip the boys (ooh err) - just trying to encourage(or is that provoke) a reaction!

Why not come out on the track one day? To make up for my cheekiness, I will give you a nice ride in my car :D

I don't like to go fast, prefer to take my time and go sloooowwww :D :D :D

61 - 80 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.