Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love Evo's and got the opportunity to drive a 5 speed yellow EVO X (colour was a bit poofy) a few weeks ago. I must say it was not a candle on the 9 as far as feeling as raw or hearing the engine spool up and so forth, the drama was gone. But in honesty it felt a pretty good car. The turn in and handling was still sharp. What are you guys thoughts on the X becoming a classic like the red Maks are going.

P.S....sorry about the two 'ands' in the heading

·
... now with more Bang :)
17,773 Posts
Don't tell Aidy! :lol:

·
Registered
711 Posts
They have grown on me but classic? No surely not

·
Senior Citizen
3,956 Posts
I love mine. I've had two 5's and an 8 and although it's not as fast as the others, it's still a great car.

Doubt they'll ever be classics though. They were sold to a much bigger market (america) than the earlier cars.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Not sure if this is a wind up or you're wanting a genuine response but....it's probably due to a couple of reasons.

People don't like change. The 1-9 were all recognisable as an "evolution" of the previous model whereas The X wasn't really.

It was designed to be more liveable and appeal to a broader market. To the old die hards I guess that's a bad thing but all depends on your perspective.

I've never driven one but would certainly be interested in trying one out for myself and forming my own opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
The x's that will become future classics imo are.

Evo x FQ400 and FQ440.

Only 35 X400's ever made.

49 FQ440s ever made.

Both of these cars are alot more different to the fq300/330/360 models, and both fq400 and 440 are quicker then the 9 FQ360MR, its allready been proved, ask Stallion or Evomentalist, they will tell you the same.

·
Premium Member
9,730 Posts

Evo x FQ400 and FQ440.

49 FQ440s ever made.

Both of these cars are alot more different to the fq300/330/360 models, and both fq400 and 440 are quicker then the 9 FQ360MR, its allready been proved, ask Stallion or Evomentalist, they will tell you the same.
In your dreams

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,843 Posts
I think the OP may actually be Aidy bating to be honest :eek:

Reactions: RSgeoff

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
We have the Bathurst edition here in Australia still commanding a good price, we were not lucky enough to get any of the ultimate models the UK got.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Thought they never made a yellow X?

Seem to remember Aidy saying he had his repainted..............Aidy?

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Thought they never made a yellow X?

Seem to remember Aidy saying he had his repainted..............Aidy?
I 'm pritty sure aidy said once that he had it painted, rarest colour of them all lol, credit to him, i for one respect his decision, it looks quite cool imo. :thumbup:

What i don't get is, we are all evo enthusiasts, but yet various models get slagged off, for those people that slag other evos off, they can dish the insults out, but when the table turns its a different story.

Regardless of witch evos we own/and drive, we should all respect people's decisions, after all, they are all evos, I to X.

Btw, im not having a dig at you, what I've said is aimed at those few ignorant people set in their ways. :smthumbup

·
Registered
524 Posts
^^ this well said

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Btw, im not having a dig at you :smthumbup
:lol: Why would you!?

I agree with your assessment but find it odd that you were driving a yellow X................was it Aidys?

Or has someone else done the same thing and painted (or wrapped) one yellow. Any pictures?

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts

Evo x FQ400 and FQ440.

49 FQ440s ever made.

Low numbers dont make them a classic tho, to me thats a bad thing it shows there wasn't any interest in the product to make and sell more :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Low numbers dont make them a classic tho, to me thats a bad thing it shows there wasn't any interest in the product to make and sell more :)
Not really, generally a maker will produce something in low quantity to show off how they do thing generally a flagship for the marque.

Less of something generally increases value.

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
I found the X RS a very nice chassis and a definite difference to the earlier 'evolutions'. You cant say the X isnt an evolution. It is exactly that. It evolved into an up to date Mitsubishi lancer. The engine had to change to meet emission regs. A well set up evo X is a very nice car to drive and feels very surefooted.
Everyone said the same when they went from the 6 to the 7. But that was forgotten about once the 8 and 9 came along afterwards. All depends on personal taste.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Its way to early for them to be "classic" but by looking at those models, they look super special and a dream to drive and own.

When the 400 came out the country was in resession, there was more intrest than you think, all 400's were sold out in the first few hours of being announced, so what you said is completely wrong. :)

Same thing with the 440, they sold out in the first few hours.

A low production rate espeshally on an evo, can only be a good thing, why would they want to sell more limited edition cars? That takes the rarity and exclusivity away.

1 - 20 of 184 Posts