Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw this vid and the guy reckons he was punted off the track but i'm not sure he was entirely blameless. On a side note what a stupid track with a concrete wall in the middle of it. The crash watch from 1m 30s

·
Been here a while now....
1,245 Posts
Porcshe driver should of left him space and i believe he did push him off the track, some would agree its a racing incident?
Would need to see the full race video and see if there is another fowl play.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
I think it depends on what they are doing at the time! If this is a race then the Porsche did pushed the Renault off the track! If is just a regular track day then the Renault get too close! That's just my thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, the guy turned into him to stop the pass. Which tracks don't have a pit lane and a concrete wall?
Fair enough about the wall; do you not think the clio driver hit him first trying to barge through where there was no room.

Reactions: mert

·
Formerly known as DazK-IV
2,120 Posts
Yeah, Porker driver's fault IMO.

He may have made a late decision to go into the pits (to get some better rubber as he was obviously struggling for grip out there) rather than deliberately try to block the other guy but he should have had better awareness of what was around him and it was obviously extremely dangerous.

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,828 Posts
Fair enough about the wall; do you not think the clio driver hit him first trying to barge through where there was no room.
If it was a non-competitive track day then the Porsche is 100% in the wrong. It looked to me that he was deliberately weaving to stop the pass (not just at the time of the incident but prior to it too) which you shouldn't do, if the car behind you is faster you should pull over on the straight and let it pass.

If it was a competitive track day then he was probably still in the wrong for over aggressive driving. Something else of interest is at 1.25...I would *not* be passing that yellow Lotus if that was me, but I guess it's hard to say if pulling up was possible just from the video.

Anyway....you are that Porsche driver and I claim my five pounds :)

·
Premium Member
9,976 Posts
If it's not competitive then the Clio was too close and im sure actually has contact with the Porsche before the Porsche started edging him off track.

If it was or wasn't competitive the Porsche driver was extremely careless and as above swerving across to cut passing cars is dangerous regardless if it's competitive or not.

Both drivers were silly.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
This has been doing the rounds for years. It was a competitive race and I'm pretty sure the porsche driver lost his race licence for this or it was suspended or something.

Lucky man, fantastic car looked after him. It was actually a converted road going clio and not a full spec race car.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
The Porsche never once looked settled and smooth, it did look like the Clio gave the Porsche a little nudge on the bend before the crash, but that doesn't give the right for the Porsche driver to quite obviously nudge the Clio off the track. :smthumbdo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts