Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have warped 2 sets of OEM discs on my E4......Not just confined to the E6 Brembo's then !

I want to have them skimmed instaed of replacing them..

I live near Manchester / Liverpool, Does anyone know a company who will skim them while I wait.

I aim to take them off and go to an engineering firm......can anyone recommend one ?

thanks.....Jonathan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jonathan,

Browns Mitsubishi in Preston skimmed mine, Excellent job £70ish |PLS| vat I think.

01772 652323

Kevin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke to browns and they quoted me £100 |PLS| VAT per set. As they do them on the car they would have to put both sets on and that takes some time. £230 for two sets is a bit steep. I'm trying to find a local engineering company and will let you know if I do. likewise could you let me know if you find anywhere. I'm in Burnley but work in Leeds so anywhere arround there would be fine. I think I might buy the Dragon discs instead as they are only £200 more than having two stes of discs skimmed.

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jon

Walker Farrimond Mitsubishi in Nelson will skim discs. They do it with the discs on the car, and told me it would take about 3 hours to do 2 sets as they have to change the discs over. They charge £45/hr |PLS| VAT so it will cost about £160 for 2 sets. I'm going to buy the Dragon replacements as the standard ones will only go and warp again (probably at Anglesey)! and cost another £100 to sort out again.

Walker Farrimond seem to know what they are doing though. they've serviced my car a couple of times with no probs and no excessive milage on it etc.

Adrian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.