Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoever runs this forum I've got a question. Is there anyway I could get someone's email that doesn't have it on their public profile? I'm in a desperate attempt to get my car fixed, spent almost a couple of thousand and still not fixed and I've seen a few members with exact same model/year/problem and even similar mileage as mine and I'm guessing they've figured the problem as there posts were a year ago & not posting no more. There problem could be the answer to mine?
Hopefully I can get an email? Is it possible?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,809 Posts
If you click on their user name on any post they've put up you can select view public profile and their email info will be there.
Assuming you can do that as a non member. If you can't what's the user name of the person who's email you want?

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
if the email addy is hidden, its hidden. Im sure someone tech minded may have a way round it, but I cant see the MLR giving it out if the member has chosen to hide it

List your issue, and the members you are trying to contact, they may see your post and reply

Also try posting on their posts, they may get email notification and see you have requested their attention

Also you can search for posts by the username, then see if any have an email addy, especially parts for sale and wanted sections

Stu

·
Premium Member
10,686 Posts
Just a suggestion mate. Why don't you join up? That way it helps the forum run, then ask the question on here and I would say almost definitely it will be answered. Then anyone else will also be able to refer to it in the future. That's the whole point. If it's all done by private e mail then it doesn't help everyone? Best 35(?) quid you'll spend mate. You get 20 posts free to start as a non paying member so why not start a thread and see how it goes?

Whoever runs this forum I've got a question. Is there anyway I could get someone's email that doesn't have it on their public profile? I'm in a desperate attempt to get my car fixed, spent almost a couple of thousand and still not fixed and I've seen a few members with exact same model/year/problem and even similar mileage as mine and I'm guessing they've figured the problem as there posts were a year ago & not posting no more. There problem could be the answer to mine?
Hopefully I can get an email? Is it possible?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Just a suggestion mate. Why don't you join up? That way it helps the forum run, then ask the question on here and I would say almost definitely it will be answered. Then anyone else will also be able to refer to it in the future. That's the whole point. If it's all done by private e mail then it doesn't help everyone? Best 35(?) quid you'll spend mate. You get 20 posts free to start as a non paying member so why not start a thread and see how it goes?
Guessing its not evo related, looking at his past posts. Agree paid members tend to get more help, but talking 2.0 Di-D Lancer, there is only going to be very limited knowledge on the car on here, I can see why its not worth paid membership

Stu

edit - BUT to the op - if the people you are trying to contact are paid members, paying membership will allow you to pm them, assuming they have pm's turned on

·
Premium Member
10,686 Posts
Fair shout if it's not Evo related, did I miss that in the title?

to the OP, maybe list the problem here anyway with your free posts? You may get help? Make sure you do it all in one long post .

It will save the post count then :smthumbup

Guessing its not evo related, looking at his past posts. Agree paid members tend to get more help, but talking 2.0 Di-D Lancer, there is only going to be very limited knowledge on the car on here, I can see why its not worth paid membership

Stu

edit - BUT to the op - if the people you are trying to contact are paid members, paying membership will allow you to pm them, assuming they have pm's turned on

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I had a evo I would definetly pay but having a lancer diesel the only people that know about this car seems to be the ones with the problem. I've tried posting on ALL threads on lancer boost issues (about 5) and none of them have replied because it's been so long since they've been on or posted I'm guessing they don't use it anymore. Made my own thread and the only person that could help really was lee (paying member) as I visited him Tuesday but he could only do so much obviously and advise on what it could be where as if I could contact someone that's HAD the problem it'd be a straight answer, I could save thousands & then I could afford to sign up. Every bit of money I get goes on trying to fix it :(

One of the usernames is handy1882

·
Premium Member
10,686 Posts
Sorry mate I hadn't seen you had posted before.

As Stu said get the names up on here :smthumbup

If I had a evo I would definetly pay but having a lancer diesel the only people that know about this car seems to be the ones with the problem. I've tried posting on ALL threads on lancer boost issues (about 5) and none of them have replied because it's been so long since they've been on or posted I'm guessing they don't use it anymore. Made my own thread and the only person that could help really was lee (paying member) as I visited him Tuesday but he could only do so much obviously and advise on what it could be where as if I could contact someone that's HAD the problem it'd be a straight answer, I could save thousands & then I could afford to sign up. Every bit of money I get goes on trying to fix it :(

One of the usernames is handy1882

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I've got a Lancer Di-D, and am paid up! It does help but I also like being part of the gang even if only some is relevant!

scrfishing, where are you? My mate knows a fair bit about these engines as it's the VW lump. Will try to help where I can!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Foz I'm in York. No one ever seems to be from this area . Have you just got a lancer or have you got an evo too?
I'm not saying it's expensive to sign up but each month I have like £30-£50 to myself after bills which is getting used to try fix the car. If I join then it'll be another month risking something that could seize/ crack etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts