Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who on here is below 21 and insured on an evo, as it is obviously going to tricky to get insurance at this age, as i have experienced!!

Thanks

·
Registered
609 Posts
EVO5GSR_SAS said:
Just wondering who on here is below 21 and insured on an evo, as it is obviously going to tricky to get insurance at this age, as i have experienced!!

To be honest mate, until you're 21 give up. I turned 21 yesterday, i've had so much trouble trying to sort insurance out. I've been looking into buying one for about 6 maybe 7 months and finally i think i'm getting closer.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I was always told 21, i did get quoted for 4k but now i can get 3.2k. It winds me up when i hear of other young grivers saying they pay next to nothing but i can't get a quote any where near them. I haven't got any no claims (always been insured in parents name) but i've never crashed where i've been at fault, i don't live in a bad area so it puzzles me

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Tell me about, £1600 I pay... garaged,good postcode, limited miles, clean license, 6 years no-claims... bangin my head against a wall arguing with insurance companies who i know for a fact insure 24 year olds for less than me, and the companies keep saying they wont be insured with us

·
Premium Member
10,765 Posts
I managed to get it down to £800(ish), I am 34 with a clean licence, but only 3 years no claims. That was with Elephant, Norwich Union wanted £1200.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Try bell for a quote they were good for me but then it varies for every1.

The other thing is try a quote for a 260 as i think the quote shoots sky high when you have the 2 letters in front of the model (FQ) :cry:

·
Registered
583 Posts
yeah think you'll struggle.

am 27 with one SP50 and 3 years NCB and it's about a grand fully comp. to be honest it's difficult justifying driving the thing as i only paid £3k. lots of people don't do early evos and lots of people say come back when you have some experience driving the car! stupid imho as how are you supposed to drive it if you can't get insured!

good luck anyhow.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
MikeBee said:
yeah think you'll struggle.

am 27 with one SP50 and 3 years NCB and it's about a grand fully comp. to be honest it's difficult justifying driving the thing as i only paid £3k. lots of people don't do early evos and lots of people say come back when you have some experience driving the car! stupid imho as how are you supposed to drive it if you can't get insured!

good luck anyhow.
Got told same thing. How can you get experience without insurance? Does your head in.

Im 27 with 1 years NCB and costs me £1350

1 - 20 of 75 Posts