Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A forged 2ltr with AMS GT3076 turbo with 272 cams and std inlet manifold! What sort of figures are obtainable? How user friendly is it on the road & how does it perform on track? What sort of lag can be expected? Cheers

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Avoiding lag is easy, you change down! Why does everyone think lag is the end of the world? On a sprint its more beneficial to have an un-laggy tubby but look at people who do them with big turbo kits.....lag is easily cured.

With a set-up like that id say something like Corky's 520-550hp the 3076's can vary so much but it will be over 500hp and reliable.

Good on track, bit morte work needed on road against quicker spooloing turbo's, but once on boost it will fly, can't go wrong, still probably more reliablel than the Greens, Reds, and TTS205's.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand what your saying but if you don't plan to launch the car then lag from a standing start is an issue. Admittedly on track lag isn't a concern as the revs are always within the limits of the turbo. As the majority of Evo owners predominantly use their cars on the road then I would say lag is an issue for most.
A reliable 500BHP sounds fantastic based on the Mods stated and thats is what I'm aiming for. This will hopefully be a good compromise for both road & track. :smthumbup

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
I understand what your saying but if you don't plan to launch the car then lag from a standing start is an issue. Admittedly on track lag isn't a concern as the revs are always within the limits of the turbo. As the majority of Evo owners predominantly use their cars on the road then I would say lag is an issue for most.
A reliable 500BHP sounds fantastic based on the Mods stated and thats is what I'm aiming for. This will hopefully be a good compromise for both road & track. :smthumbup
You won't go far wrong with one, Ive been in Kenny1's car which has one ( I think...lol) but his is strokered too, there was hardly any lag, but he knows how to really move the car, would probably just take a little practice.

The more and more I see the jury still out on reds/tt205's...the more this becomes the safe, reliable choice for 500hp+ :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The more and more I see the jury still out on reds/tt205's...the more this becomes the safe, reliable choice for 500hp+ :thumbup:
My thoughts too mate now. :thumbup:

dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts