Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My evo 1 start smoking when shift between gears ,i notice some white smoke coming from exhaust pipe.I check the oil level and notice the oil level is above the full mark by abouy 1/4 " ,do you think that coulb be the cause? At throttle position no smoke , if rev up no smoke but whenever you drive and change gears you notice the smoke between gears.let me know your opinion.

Kareem.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Kareem
To much oil in your engine is nearly as bad as to little oil, drian the oil out and start again hopefully this should help.
Duncan

·
Registered
666 Posts
Lots of oil will cause white smoke and a hell of a lot of it from a tiny drop of oil!. as has been said reset the oil leval and try again but it may take a while for the smoke to clear. Keep an eye on all the leval and see what drops or rises.

Carl

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is not using water ,i will check the oil later today and let you guys know and lower the oil level .And will check back with the mechanic and if he had top up yhe level.

Ok.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I check the oil and it is ok no mayo present.I lowered the oil level to the full mark and watching it now. I will let you guys no further.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts