Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at presant i have a silver 5 and have been offered a white 6 as a swap ( long story !). white seems to be less popular, must admit i am not too keen , but it does seems to stand out.
does it look dirty quicker?.
are white evos cheaper when new ?
is white paint the one thats sh*te (in terms of Quality) ?
may sound lame questions , but never had a white car, any help appreciated.
riddy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
all of the different paints are crap, they chip like mad, white cars new are the same price, dont think so good at resale.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Riddy, for me there was only one colour that I was prepared to accept - white! I've only had the car 8 weeks so far and it certainly gets a mixed response. Some poeple are like wow that looks supurb where as other say Hey nice car mate, but, erm, why did you get a white one?

I must admit that this descion was influnenced somewhat by the white wheels that are standare on the TME. If I was getting a standard GSR it would be a toss up between white or one of the blues.

At the end of the day when it's your own cash you should choose what looks best to you. I love to look back at my car after parking up, it really gives me a buzz. I know that if I looked back at any other colour I would be dissapointed but it's such a personal thing.

As for cleaning, well it's a pig! Takes me about 4-5 hours to clean mine (2 hours for wheel, 3 for the rest of the car) but that does include cleaning all the hidden bits such as the insides of all the door frames, under the bonnet etc (I even throughly wash behind the fuel filler flap!)

The funny thing is that to me the car still looks good even when filthy! Ok, it looks better when cleaned up but I tend to only feel the need to clean it after say a couple of weeks have passed. More because it 'ought to be cleaned' rather then 'oh my god, what a disgrace!'

Here is a pic of my car, when this photo was taken it hadnt been cleaned for about 500 miles.

For some more pics (taken at the same time) have a look here:
http://www.homeusers.prestel.co.uk/dek/evo/evohome.html

Ady

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, and jsut to keep Claudius quiet I have put on some clear side repeaters since those pics were taken.

Oh(!) and about stone chipping... so far I have only seen one, near the lip of the bonnet just off centre to the right. I don't think thats too bad for 2500 miles.

Oh(!!!) and I was only thinking about this when cleaning it yesterday, I have heard people say about the crap paint finishes on there cars more then once. I'm really not too sure what they are talking about though because to me the paint on my car seems pretty decent. Maybe white cars are better painted then the rest http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Oh(!!!!!) I meant to say above that I don't think there is any other car in the world that I would even consider in white!

Ady
(Representing white Evo's in Norfolk!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Original Post:
Black or white does it for me everytime!!

Cant beat em!

Debs
Even a winner with the ladies ;)

Which reminds me of a little incident this afternoon. I went to the train station to pick my brother up and had to wait about 5 minutes. There was a young lady standing about 50 metres away and she did nothing but stare. I mean she didn't even look away - once! I think I may go back again tomorrow to see if she was actually real (she's probably still standing in the exact same position right now!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 6 is also white, i must admit, this is the only colour you could probably see coming from miles away, its just so noticable even at night especially when cleaned up. Alot of my cousins say they have seen other colours, as nice as they reckon they are, they still say the white just stands out more.
It is such a b*****d to clean and keep it that way. Like Cookie says it also takes me about 4-5 hours to clean!
Anyway heres a few pics of my motor:
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Enjoy

Prit

PS dont ask about the number plate, i dunno why it has DVD in it or why its cut like that, it was already on there when i bought it and i havent bothered to sort it out!!!

PPS the file are quite large, they were taken on at proper photo quality, so they're gonna take some time to download on a modem

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got a white 6 GSR coz it was the best deal I could get.
Its a bit inyerface when its clean, but when I've clocked my weekly 600 miles in this weather,
the nose cone goes black with dirt, which fades back over the car.
Looks like its just been thru re-entry :D

Sorry, no pics of it !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got a silver TME but would be happy with any colour. It's the white wheels on the TME that are a B'stard as they really gets alot of brake dust on if you're going for it. Takes me a couple of hours to clean starting with pressure washer to get off the mud (i live in a rural area with loads of mud on the roads from Tractors).

IMO white cars show the dirt less than black ones for some reason. You can always pretend your plod too. I remember once when i had a white T5 and drove up the M5 wearing my site hi vis jacket and with the passenger with an old video camera. F'kin hillarious.

Go for it!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think there are more white cars in Japan because it is supposed to be a lucky colour!

(Oh my god, let me take this anorak off now!) :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Riddy,
I've got a white E6RSX and IMHO it looks very very good. It's got a set of red mudflaps and a red Ralliart sunstrip and I believe that these make it stand out even more from the other Evo's. No other Evo can pull off the combination quite as well (flame suit on!!)
The cleaning isn't any different to any other car. After all, they all collect the same amount of dirt and all have the same nooks and crannies to clean. The white wheels on the TME are apparently an absolute bugger to clean but the standard Oz wheels aren't much better with the vast amount of spokes.

Oli,
I managed to behave like Mr. Plod this weekend with a nice Beemer. I was on the M1 sat doing a steady 75mph when a 5 series came flying past doing a ton plus. I immediately pulled out, put on the spotlights and caught up with him. Surprisingly enough, he braked, slowed to 70 and pulled into the inside lane. So I pulled in behind him, waited for about 10 secs and then buried it past him with a wave :) I don't think he was too impressed because after I slowed down and he was back up to 120ish and went screaming past me again. All damn good fun though http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Andy, what you doing going up the M1, thought you'd moved down to devon?. How about putting blue colour filters over the fog lights, to clear slower traffic out the fast lane, only there as stone chip guards your honour

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Splodge,
I think you've got the wrong Andy Fox. There are apparently 2 of us, both with white RSX's spookily enough and I'm the one who lives up North and not the other one down South.

Andy

P.S. Like the idea about the foglight covers. Might have to look into that a bit further

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
splodge, you can tell the difference by the way they drive, the one we have here drives like a girl :)

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HELLO!!!!!!!
please tell me you guys are joking .5 Hours cleaning your cars. am i the only person who can clean the evo in 30 minutes(not including waxing). way i see it ,it gets dirty that quick if i spent 5 hours cleaning it i wouldnt want to drive it. does everyone out there spend that long cleaning.
am i just lazy or are you lot bonkers?.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
also
i am thinking of changing the wheels just to make them easier to clean.
the standard wheels on the 5 are a nightmare, i end up soaked as the water blasts back at you no matter where you stand.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts