Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying another set of wheels. I have the BBS RC 18 s for intermediates, and the Compomotive MO's for wets - I would like to get a really light set for the full slicks.

There are the Team Dynamics ones at 7kgs or so, but are there any others at 18x8 ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just seems so silly to juggle three sets of tyres across two sets of wheels!

Could just get another set of Compomotives - they are cheap!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, Blade, the Compomotives are cheap and the Team Dynamics are ffing expensive. However, how heavy are they and how much difference will that weight make. The difference between a heavy and light set could be as much as 15kg.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are the team dynamics the lightest then?

Think the compomotives are 11kg, and the td's about 7/8kg?

The BBS wheels must be around 9/10kg too. Perhaps another set of them, as a compromise :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blade

check the wheels section on Lancerforums if you havent already. I posted some wheel pics with size and weight info there.

The guy from FAIR IMPORT here in France told me there are wheels as light as 4kg and LESS.

Volk TE37mg are 5,85 each. Check out the LF.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spoke to phil smith in parts at coordosport a while ago they had some ex wrc magnesiom wheels in think they were refurbished though! might be worth a bash.Demon tweeks speedline mags 426 plus vat each 8x18 (type 2021).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fück, that's a lot! You can get Volk TE 37s for the same price, and they are stronger and 7.8 kg

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Racing Hart CP-035 in 17 weigh in at around 6kg, they also do an 18 version (CP-035R) but I can't quote on the weight.

Also the Buddy Club P1-Racing QF in 9x18 weighs 6.70kg and comes with a 35mm offset and is a 5 x 114.3 fitment, perfect for an Evo 6.

Cost: 66000JPY (about £350) plus import costs.

I've seen these wheels in white on a Reims Blue evo 6 and they look the mutts nuts. Check the Takakaira website:

http://www.takakaira.com

Cheers

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
isn't the standard width 8 inches?? if so, upgrading by one inch shouldnt be a prob, i reckon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My BBS 18 s are 8.5, and the COmpomotives are 8. 9 would be fine with aggressive camber :D

Lots of jap boys run 9 or even 9.5!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OZ F1 CUP SPLIT RIMS 18 weight in at 7.5 kgs each . theses wheels are on my car and you can tell buy the turn in you get from them . nice wheel expensive at £ 300 a wheel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
evo 400 - where abouts are you, i would love to see those wheels on your car, am consideriong them myself and they look amazing in eth pics of RC's old car. Are you going to any meets or trackdays soon ?

Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We oofer several....Advan (Japan) has the RG 9heir lightest) which weighs 16 lbs in a 17 inch. Volk also has their new rims now called the 57C, and theyt weigh just 13.5 lbs and are semiforged (like SSR)

Advans run around $2400 US per set of 4 plus tires and shipping, the Volks are $1495 US per set of 4

adam
Z-1 Performance

1 - 20 of 21 Posts