Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which turbo will enable a 9000rev limit and 1.5bar peak?if so which one and what sort of power torque/bhp would be possible.Any info would be appreciated ,lightspeed maybe you can help? :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Turbos' themselves don't raise the rev limit of the engine. this is determined by camshaft charicteristics and the ability of the engine to stay together at high speeds.

Why do you want to go up to 9000rpm? To achive this you will need long duration/high lift cam shafts that will give poor low and mid range. High rpm is not really needed on a turbo engine as its easier to increase boost.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OG's right - no need for mega rpm unless you are doing some serious racing - drag/pike's peak etc.

For interest - 9000rpm, 1.5 bar, 1997cc would give around 490hp assuming you were still making power effectively - ie. wild cams, good intercooling etc.

It would also require a well built bottom end.

Personally I'd go for less revs and more boost - no point searching for crazy revs until your running at least 2 bar.

As for the turbo HKS GT3037R, Greddy 25g or similar.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The higher revlimiter will give a higher top speed is this right?for a rs based car or does it just give better acceleration at peak revs .Peak boost would be 2.0bar .Could the standard titanium turbo not be retained ?and if so would it still deliver around 490bhp or would itbe around 380bhp,due to turbo limitations.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From memory the standard turbo flows the most air at 1.5bar (based on Lightspeed posting the compressor map :)), going over that wouldn't do much except overwork the turbo and increase the charge air temp. If you want 2.0bar efficiently you'd need an aftermarket like the HKS or Greddy.

The 380bhp quoted limit for the standard turbo is (I'm assuming) 1.5bar at 7300rpm, if you up it to 9krpm at the same pressure I'd believe it'd make around 490bhp. A Greddy 25g at 2.0bar / 9krpm, I have no idea, Lightspeed's the aknowledged turbo guru here :D :D

Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bit lost here boys?
Can a titanium rs turbo (ie standard)run a 9000 redline and 1.5/ 2 bar boost and if it can what bhp and torque would it acheive and what top speed would it acheive with an rs gearbox?
Engine strenthened cams ,managment,rods,pistons etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts