Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all

I am looking for a good suspension for my time attack Evo 6.

Which suspension setup do the fastest cars in the UK run?

cheers
ric

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Only afew people at moment are jumping on the JRZ suspension, yet it's big in States with EVOs (AMS Evo, Gates Evo) and in Europe with a strong history on winning Porsche Cup cars. I have been running the JRZ RS Pro 2 way suspension and it's transferred my car for sprints and track work, just losing out on title with less power, supposedly poorer tyres, and with less driver experience. I know they go all way up to mega high end 4 way suspension setups, which Chris was working with the other day.

Speak to Chris @ C1-R. If budget was no option and I was running in TA, then I would go for some JRZ still. Just bought the book on suspension dampening written by Jan Zuijdijk who is the founder of JRZ and previous head of design and engineering for Koni back in the day... Impressive stuff.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Only afew people at moment are jumping on the JRZ suspension, yet it's big in States with EVOs (AMS Evo, Gates Evo) and in Europe with a strong history on winning Porsche Cup cars. I have been running the JRZ RS Pro 2 way suspension and it's transferred my car for sprints and track work, just losing out on title with less power, supposedly poorer tyres, and with less driver experience. I know they go all way up to mega high end 4 way suspension setups, which Chris was working with the other day.

Speak to Chris @ C1-R. If budget was no option and I was running in TA, then I would go for some JRZ still. Just bought the book on suspension dampening written by Jan Zuijdijk who is the founder of JRZ and previous head of design and engineering for Koni back in the day... Impressive stuff.
You into sales now?:mhihi:

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,520 Posts
And here we go again. Everyone pumping what they run/sell.
A good setup, using any of the top brands will see you right.
Huh?...I run tein super racing rs....so not me being a "salesman"...I wouldnt recommend tein to anyone:lol:

They are "decent"....but aftersales are utter crap.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
General statement:lol:eek:nly one trader offered to sell something.

Mark
Mark iv got tein superstreets which iv had on the car for a few years now,to crashy for my liking and is only used for the road. Obviously the ohlins are the best in both catagories with the valving for comfort and handling compared ?

·
acting daft since 1969
19,604 Posts
any high end stuff ,ohlins, proflex ,nitron ,as well worth the money but the trick is learning how to use it ,get it wrong and you may as well still run stadard stuff

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
Mark iv got tein superstreets which iv had on the car for a few years now,to crashy for my liking and is only used for the road. Obviously the ohlins are the best in both catagories with the valving for comfort and handling compared ?
For me on the road suspension Ohlins have the edge and worth the money.

Mark

·
Ross Sport
17,138 Posts
Best suspension is one that has the capability & range of adjustment needed for your application together with backup to support it.
Id rather have a perceived "inferior brand" with support from a manufacturer that understands their product and my needs than the "best brand" and no support or understanding of their product/application.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts