Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cant make my mind up think I like the front of the VI better than the VII and prefer back of the VII to the VI thinks mitsi might cut and shut me one?

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Looks? Make up your own mind as its each to their own and there is no right or wrong answer.

As far as driving experience, the 7 is a significantly better car. It handles better due to a far stiffer body and it is more refined in every aspect. The build quality is also a lot better.

Having said that, they are both good cars so you cannot go wrong either way.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Id go for the VII myself , its the more modern of the 2 cars , in fact , as the cars name is 'Evolution' then always go for the latest car you can afford , as this will have 'evolved' more. The looks thing , you will have to judge for yourself. Personally the looks of a car are less important than how it drives.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
seven it the drivers car mate meant to be the nuts six is agressive looking beast .decision is yours hard choice but you will be happy with what ever you get :D

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I thought hard about the decision between six and seven too....

this one won out....

www.irj-tech.com/evo.html

I have to say though, nothing has prepared me for the attention this car gets, I bought a black one because I thought it would be more subtle....no chance! Driving through Richmond in SW London today was a nightmare, people actually walked out in to the road to take pictures.....Im still in embarassed now.

Which ever you choose Im sure you will be happy.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
have you driven both?

i was very dissapointed with a 7 when i drove it.

personally i'd recommend a tme as they look better than std 6 and have the quicker rack, which is worth having, but obviously i'm biased. having said that the interior of the 7 is much better.

unless you have driven a std 6, a tme and a 7 i dunno how you can decide. after all these are drivers cars and whatever you choose must float your boat.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
livewire said:
Had a 6 but 7 is much better and looks better. The 6 looks dated now :p :D
have to agree i had a 6rsx great car but looks dated and got fed up with people asking me why i have put a bodykit on a car at the age of 33 :confused: and thats where the problem is for the 6 looks to boy racer now 7 looks better imho

·
Registered
20 Posts
chrisevo1 said:
have to agree i had a 6rsx great car but looks dated and got fed up with people asking me why i have put a bodykit on a car at the age of 33 :confused: and thats where the problem is for the 6 looks to boy racer now 7 looks better imho
Is that not a big part of the evo enigma? To me thats what makes them what they are, larey, in-ya-face, radical, rally car with indicators. Surely thats a huge part of their appeal.

Each to their own I guess but imho the VI wins hands down.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts