Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry to ask something that has probably already been covered a thousand times, but which model would you go for (and what are their pro's & cons) based around the following conditions :-

£14k absolute Max budget (inc any mods).
Insurance not an issue.
Prefer the looks of the VI not the VII or VII - however younger the better.
Needs to be "quick" but not an animal.
Low miles.

Thinking TME at the moment but my Evo knowledge is very limited - are there better options with the above constraints ?

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
youv'e just answered your own question mate for your budget of 14k a very nice 6 can be had

now just decide which one you want gsr rs or tme

if you have a bit of time to read up aswell mate which it would pay you to theres a brilliant buyers guide on here ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sort of answered it, didn't I :D

Whats the difference in the models ?
A link to a explination site / thread would be great - I can read :D

·
TOO many posts.......
17,132 Posts
Topper said:
Nice motor :cool:
Just a little to high on the mileage for me.
Don`t let that put you off, if you viewed this car you`d be silenced trust me....but you`re the buyer not me... :D

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
trust me mate if you saw the car you wouldn't believe the mileage

its like a brand new one loads off here will vouch for it

in my eyes it's concours lee is a perfectionist ;)

·
TOO many posts.......
17,132 Posts
redliner said:
trust me mate if you saw the car you wouldn't believe the mileage

its like a brand new one loads off here will vouch for it

in my eyes it's concours lee is a perfectionist ;)
And don`t forget to mension he doesn`t bring it out i the rain Jus :crackup:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Topper said:
Nice motor :cool:
Just a little to high on the mileage for me.
I'd strongly suggest ignoring mileage if I were you, these cars are everyday cars, not Lambos or Ferraris which are collectors cars, some Evos are yes but most will have that kind of mileage, and you wouldn't notice it.

I've got a mate who has a 4 with over 80K miles on it and it drives like new. Well looked after.

My VI has 70K on it :) When I did the headgasket the bores still had honing on it.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Nice motor just a little too high mileage....
I dont know why people get so up tight about cars mileage.

At the end of the day if a cars been loved, serviced regardless of cost and owned by a club member where other people can vouch for the cars maintainence and condition but had 50k on id rather buy that than a car with 30k on it that has an unknown history(and driver).

Dont forget most of us arent just owners - we're enthusiasts, so most of the higher milage motors on here will have had a hell of a lot better life than Joe thrashem's low milage "bargain"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just bought a fresh import Evo4 and am waiting to collect it from the garage.

Wish I had been able to spot one with such a glowing reference as this, not knowing the history is nerve racking wondering if its likely to be a dud, a vehicle that lots of people can vouch for with good recommendations about the owner is worth its wait in gold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts