Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a choice :D

Do i stick to the blacked out front lights or change to the US spec in the pic at the bottom?

Excuse the crap pic :blush:

US lights.

·
Registered
309 Posts
stick +1

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
US lights Ant , very different look which i like :smthumbup

Cheers
John

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
won't the u.s one's light beam be going the wrong way?? uk beam pattern goes to left on u.s they go to the right (mot fail)

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
personally i think all black is too much thats why i left my tango in, +1 for US

·
Premium Member
11,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
won't the u.s one's light beam be going the wrong way?? uk beam pattern goes to left on u.s they go to the right (mot fail)
Good point and i'm not to sure on the answer either. I know the Yanks use the UK version over there but i have no idea about which way the beams point.

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
Good point and i'm not to sure on the answer either. I know the Yanks use the UK version over there but i have no idea about which way the beams point.
pm davecee, when you dip your lights over here, they go to the left to avoid dazzle, same in the states,but as they on the other side of the road,their's go to the right bud, so when in for mot test the beam pattern will not line up with the machine.(sorry to say)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Yeah if you buy US lights the beam pattern will go the other way, so instead of lighting up the hedge on your left, its lighting up peopels eyes coming the other way, therefore its a fail at mot. Stick with the dark lights or get another set and redo them but leave the side light and indicator clear

·
Climate Changer
4,233 Posts
pm davecee, when you dip your lights over here, they go to the left to avoid dazzle, same in the states,but as they on the other side of the road,their's go to the right bud, so when in for mot test the beam pattern will not line up with the machine.(sorry to say)
Correct..

I sourced a pair of EVO projectors from the states to do a conversion for a friend in sweden for LHD.

The only difference inside the projectors from LHD to RHD is the shield inside it and it can't be altered..

:smthumbup :

·
Registered
22 Posts
Correct..

I sourced a pair of EVO projectors from the states to do a conversion for a friend in sweden for LHD.

The only difference inside the projectors from LHD to RHD is the shield inside it and it can't be altered..

:smthumbup :
Just a thought, if you had a pair of usdm headlights and you know mot is coming up soon, why not just swap them with a buddy's ukdm headlights for a couple of days to pass mot then swap back when you are done? I was just wondering because i had my lights up for trade and i know there is an interest but everybody knows they will not pass so nobody wants to buy them.

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
Just a thought, if you had a pair of usdm headlights and you know mot is coming up soon, why not just swap them with a buddy's ukdm headlights for a couple of days to pass mot then swap back when you are done? I was just wondering because i had my lights up for trade and i know there is an interest but everybody knows they will not pass so nobody wants to buy them.
might be useful to sell to a member in other parts of europe :smthumbup

1 - 18 of 18 Posts