Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying a new exhaust for my 4, decat etc from the turbo back. Just wanted to know of any opinions on the mongoose or magnex systems ie fitment, loudness and performance gains. Ta......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Magnex complete exhaust will be the best value for money and bhp per pound increase,also nice exhaust note on full throttle
Blitz,best looking and great sound,also straighter route but cost you an arm and a leg
HKS,great quality super dragger |EQU| understated exhaust note but top quality, Hiper Muffler|EQU| looks very nice(second behind blitz) better sound than super dragger. both should give good power increase
can expect 20 bhp or more increase from full system.
hope this helps

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive got the full Magnex fitted to my 5 :)

Sound |EQU| Excellent, nice burble on tickover and howls on full chat :D, not too obtrusive on motorways.
Fitment |EQU| Excellent, however would suggest changing the clamps supplied to U-clamps. The ones supplied
are a bit difficult to keep tight.
Price |EQU| Much cheaper than HKS/Blitz, top quality and value.

Cheers
....Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Magnex is full stainless. You also get the added benefit of being able to keep the inside of the tailpipe shiny 'cos it's s/steel too. Even if I don't clean it for a month, a bit of shiny sinks and a toothbrush brings it up like new!

Sad isn't it?

Magnex has a small tailpipe but fits the best (not too much pipe hanging under the car and the tailpie fits the cut-out in the rear apron), and excellent build quality!

P

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, just ordered a full magnex, turbo back with decat, got it for a very reasonable £450.00. I was told that with the Blitz induction and HKS bov I've already got I would be getting flames....Shame...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm actually having a full Magnex (including de-cat) fitted tomorrow to my E6 TME. I'll let you know my thoughts about it later :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cookie,

Be interested to see what you think of the Magnex asap as thanks to Moby and Simon looks like this is the route i will take for my VI rather than the HKS....

Jevo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Moby,

I have a mongoose on My E4 which I bought secind hand ,taken off an E5,try second hand market 1st as its stainless it doesn't rot.should get a deal on a turbo back system.
The sound isn't to obtrusive in the car ,when its hard acceleration then the cops can hear it ,to my dis advantage a while back 70-120 cops gave chase ,just because they heard the hardness of the exhaust bellow.
Alot of others exhausts could drive you nuts on incar noise especially on a long journey.stiil will give a reasonable gain in hp with a decat pipe.I like a loud exhaust on other cars but not too boomy on my own.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just had my Magnex fitted. Very nice, took my local tyre and exhaust place about 3/4 of an hour to fit and cost me £20 what a bargain. The guys said it was a good fit. Nice sound too without being too much, and the car feels quicker off the mark too. I've just bought one of those performance meters that you see in the back of Banzai magazine, so hopefully I can record some good 0-60 sprints.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts