Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have just become the owner of an Evo 5 GSR. Will post pics when i get chance. Its currently having the Cambelt done at Weston Performance along with a few other bits and bobs.

While it is there i had it dynoed and it produced 302.1 BHP ATF, and it is all standard as far as i can see, no exhaust, air filter etc. The boost may have been turned up though as it was boosting at 1.2 Max?

Anyway, i was wondering what Exhaust System would be best for it? I'm after a full De-cat.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Hi and welcome to Evo ownership.

I'd suggest the first thing you do is decide on how loud you want the exhaust to be?

If you know of any other Evo owners in your area then its always worth maybe getting along to a meet so you can hear different exhausts.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Best value for money and best design / quality id say our firestorm system.

Full 3 inch from the turbo back enging in a fierce firestorm end can (6 inch polished body - 5 inch slash cut tailpipe) avaliable with a decat or sports cat !

£499 inc vat (decat) £649 inc vat (sports cat)

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
If you like volume, the Blitz tend to be at the top end of the scale, other names I've come across over the years include HKS, 5zigen, Milltek and APS.

The 3 big questions generally are how loud do you want it, what sort of backbox do you like the look of, and do you want / need a cat? There are any number of 5" slash cut tips from pretty much all the manufacturers, and most exhausts come with a seperate decat pipe section so you can refit a cat if you feel the need. Regarding general pipe diameter there's no need to go bigger than 3" unless you want 900bhp (3" should see 500bhp without missing a beat) and as long as the tip is also at least that big you'll be fine. The rest is just aesthetics (both physically, and acoustically) :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts